ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heater/radio problems already!!

audi s2,subaru b4, 306 td
hi to all!
picked up my 172 beginning of this week and i have to say im very impressed!Well i was up untill today and i seem to have a few faults!The heater is not working atall unless driving along fast and a small amount of air then comes in.I have read through previous threads on this and it seems its either the fan/resistor?Are these parts the same on other clios?Such as a 1200cc 05 reg one?Also the radio doesnt seem to get any reception anywhere!Hopefully this is because the plug for the aerial has come lose, or is their a special way of tuning the radio in???? oh yea one last thing the traction control/service lights stick on sometimes but only for a few minutes then go off?Apart from that all is good for now!

CTR--VX220D
Do a search on me for the heater.

I disconnected my connectors and gave the heater moor a nice tap with hammer to unstick it -its now perfect.

You may have a resistor pak gone though.... so rmove the connector and bridge the 2 x black wires with the ignition on. If the fan turns over then you know that the resistor pack is to blame - if its doesnt then you know the heater/fan is the culprit - if so give it a tap.

Hopefully it is a stuck/sticking motor as a resistor pack is £85+ and getting one second hand is a mission. A second hand A/C Heater and motor is around £40+ withough delivery.

Have a look in my blog here for info.

<----------------------------------------

Chris

thanks for the help chris!Did as above and pretty sure its the resistor gone!Although it looks ok and all the connections were clean and dry?Do the resistors just go though over time?

thanks for the help chris!Did as above and pretty sure its the resistor gone!Although it looks ok and all the connections were clean and dry?Do the resistors just go though over time?

They sit in the scuttle panle often in some water so do go.

172 ones are different than none ar con models.

£85 new breakers /scrap yards for cheap ones.

Radio check the arial lead at the back of the unit there not superb though sometimes.

As for the traction control light it comes on when you loose traction is this when it happnes?

yep i got the resistor out but it looks clean and as new!But when i join the two outside wires together the fan fires up so it can only be a fault in the resistor?As for the traction control light it hasnt come on latelt so i guessing its a faulty sensor.Two more faults though ive found today

1)the headlight washers are missing their balls!
2)the headlight adjustment motor on the drivers side is constantly moving?

seems as i find the 1st problem another one is developing!

yep i got the resistor out but it looks clean and as new!But when i join the two outside wires together the fan fires up so it can only be a fault in the resistor?As for the traction control light it hasnt come on latelt so i guessing its a faulty sensor.Two more faults though ive found today

1)the headlight washers are missing their balls!
2)the headlight adjustment motor on the drivers side is constantly moving?

Yep fault in the resister pack.

Headlight wahser always loose there ball there a few fixes new units from Renault then teither remove bumper and filt them or remove the ball from then and superglue into your car.

Remove the headlight and you'll see whats wrong the clips break (bumpers got to come off so idealy fit the new washer jets at the same time.