ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater woes

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
Right my heater has a really weird electrical gremlin going on and i cant figure out why.
Basically whenever i change the heat on my climate control, the heat doesn't change. Say I had it set to minimum and I change it to maximum whilst I'm driving, it will stay coming out minimum. However if I left it set to maximum and turned the ignition off and turned it back on again, the air comes out hot! Regardless of temperatures the only way I can change it is by setting it to a temperature, turning the ignition off and turning it back on again!
Car is a 182 FF 04 plate, can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Probably the heater resistor pack. Get a 2nd hand one or get yours refurbed. Easy to remove, under the driver side scuttle near the pollen filter.

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
Probably the heater resistor pack. Get a 2nd hand one or get yours refurbed. Easy to remove, under the driver side scuttle near the pollen filter.
sorry forgot to mention i swapped this out today for a replacement and still no joy! Tried a new climate control panel too and still no joys!

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
Dont think its the cog because the heat does change, but only when the ignition is initially switched on! Gonna take it apart tomorrow anyway and double check/see if theres anything else thats blindingly obvious!

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
Okay just in case anyone else has had this problem. After checking the cogs and the loom to them I realised the fault wasn't there.
Turns out the owner of the car before I got it disconnected the sensor by the light. Reconnected this and now it's working a treat again!

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Hi, I've got the exact same problem. Tried fitting a new heater resistor but no joy. Do you have a picture of where the sensor is that needs connecting?

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
If you take the interior light off, the sensor is just in front of it clipped onto the grey plastic surround. It's a black tube and you can't miss it if you look up there. To take the grey surround off I just gave it a firm tug from the inside once the light was removed

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Thanks for the help @Mcbudge, took the light fitting out then pulled the Grey surround off and sure enough the black tube was disconnected. Reconnected it, will find out on way to work if it's fixed. Thanks :up::cool:

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
hope it works for you buddy :up: sure was a luxury doing a 4.5 hour journey with a working heater today!