ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heaters/blowers dead - not the resistor!

2002 172

Owned it for a few months and out of the blue the heaters and blowers stopped working. Thought it was the resistor so bought one on eBay swapped and nothing changed so thought it was a duff unit. Bought a guaranteed working one and again didn’t solve the issue.

Shorting the 1st + 5th terminal on the plus causes them to come on full blast so don’t think the blower is dead.

Have checked the fuses on the dash side fuse panel and all are good.

Where can I start? With the colder weather coming I’m struggling to demist and it’s driving me insane!!

Climate panel works as it should, it’s had the AC deleted by a previous owner. I’ve taken out the motor that controls the flaps as it was buggered and also the sensor in the interior light as it buzzed but they worked with both of these removed for a few weeks before any issues.

Really looking for some advice on this!

Have replaced the relay and still no joy.

As I’ve read bridging the first and last pin puts the blower on full power so just lost as where the issue is
C7B39B1C-8C73-4B88-816B-FD0D4AFDAAE0.png

monaco 172
Not much use I know but if the blower definatly works when bridging the pins and the resistor pack is known working then I can only assume it's not getting a signal from the heater control panel.

Either due to a faulty panel or a broken wire between it and the resistor.

Got any mates with a 1*2 you could borrow a panel from?

Not much use I know but if the blower definatly works when bridging the pins and the resistor pack is known working then I can only assume it's not getting a signal from the heater control panel.

Either due to a faulty panel or a broken wire between it and the resistor.

Got any mates with a 1*2 you could borrow a panel from?

I did pull the panel out today on the off chance a fiddle with the wires would work - it didn't. If anyone knows a way I can test the panel without shelling out for a new one that would be great, although they're not much I'm already £60 into this issue with no resolution and colder weather fast approacing I want to be able to see out of the windscreen in the morning ?

Multimeter came out and had 12v at the resistor and also at the fan blower.

D616BEE5-23B3-41B1-8E57-B4830B14DC21.jpeg

Fiddled around and unplugging the motor in the drivers footwell brought it to life. So will replace these motors, no idea why it mattered but apparently it does. I thought they just control flaps and vents.