ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heating ??

Monaco 172 Ph2
Was travelling home from Blackpool last night and the bird had the blowers on full whack at max temp,

So when she nodded off i thought f*** this and wanted to put them on cold cos i was sweating my ghoulies off,

However when i put it down to 16 degrees/min it was still blowing warm air out (i left it a while as i know it can take a good few seconds to change temp),

When i have them on cold to start with its fine but when putting them on high heat for a bit then try reduce it back to cool it just doesnt seem to work :(

Any ideas guys ???

Ta.

Megane r26
I had a similar problem on my old 172, turned out to be that where the damper motor fitted into the heater box was damaged. The damper motor is fitted with a male toothed gear, this fits in a female fittment on the heater box which controls the flaps for hot or cold. Its quite common for the damper motor to either chew up the female fitting or the female fitting to split an the gear on the motor spins within causing no change in tempreture which you getting. Now mine had split so some alraldite an a ziptie repaired mine. Its quite easy to get to from the drivers footwell I actually think theres a guide on here somewhere.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
I'm having a similar issue except the other way round... not good for the coming winter months!

Could someone link the guide, I'm struggling to find it?

Megane r26
I'm having a similar issue except the other way round... not good for the coming winter months!

Could someone link the guide, I'm struggling to find it?

I remember seeing the thread that I linked, had a look for guide but can't find it. Its easy though, I whipped out the centre console for more room. Then if you look up from drivers foot well theres like a plate that the motors are fitted to an I think from what I can remember its held on with torx bits, maybe small bolts (don't quote me, been a while) whip this off an it will all be clear. Its bit of a bodge but its otherwise a dash out job to replace the heater box.