ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heavy steering at parking speed

Clio 182 cup
Hi,

When I'm at parking speed in my 182 cup the steering becomes very heavy, but seems lighter when moving at speed. Is this a normal thing with the 182?

Coming from a c2 VTS the steering seems very heavy as the VTS had electric power steering and was extremely light! I've checked my PAS fluid level and this seems ok, although why do they make it so you can't see through the level through the bottle?? I have to unscrew the top to check inside the bottle.

Any comments are much appreciated.

Cheers

Clio 182 cup
Thanks. I've also found the steering to be quite sensitive to uneven road surfaces too. Wheel tends to move slightly from side to side on roads, 'feels a little wobbly' would probably be the best description I can give. This is not the case on good road surfaces though.

Could this also be caused by incorrect tyre pressure? I do have warranty left on the car but I'm very worried of taking it to Renault in case they make it worse!! Hoping its a common thing and nothing to worry about.

Thanks. I've also found the steering to be quite sensitive to uneven road surfaces too. Wheel tends to move slightly from side to side on roads, 'feels a little wobbly' would probably be the best description I can give. This is not the case on good road surfaces though.

Could this also be caused by incorrect tyre pressure? I do have warranty left on the car but I'm very worried of taking it to Renault in case they make it worse!! Hoping its a common thing and nothing to worry about.

Just take it back or least get the whele of you might have worn ball joint ARb bsuhes track rods etc.

Clio 172 Mk2
is it because the 172's and 182's have hydraulic power steering and not electric? I know it makes it slightly tougher

www.renparts.co.uk
from what ive found on the c2 steering at very low speed its jokes.. you could move it with your little finger... definitely a lot heavier in the clio... its because the C2 has Senso steering so becomes heavier as you drive faster... but it is extremely light at low speeds.. its the 1.1 ive driven... but imagine its basically the same..