ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello All!

Hey all! Was browsing the forums yesterday after a google search and now a member a day later. Forum looks pretty good and lively. I'm a 20 year old guy living in Leeds. Nick name is Jam. Looking to pick up a little Clio as i passed my test back end of last year.

Looking at getting a Clio expression or dynamique - probably a 1.2 to start with. Whose good insurance wise? I managed to do the pass plus thing and live in an okayish postcode area.

Thanks

Jam

Golf GTI 1.8T
welcome to cliosport mate. good work for doing the pass plus, knocked £400 off my insurance :D

I am going to be the main driver of the car when i get it. Just wondering as my dad is buying it, is it okay for the car to be in his name since he is buying it on my behalf and i get fully insured in my name. Or does the car also have to be in my name?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Why not let your dad pay for the car, but you buy it, that way the car can be registered in your name :)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
jimjam said:
Not sure yet, but does it make any diffrence either way is what im trying to work out ?

To be honest I don't know, but i think not. But seeing as your 20 when you come to sell the car it might make it easier for you.

IIRC the policy holder has to be the registered keeper. Putting your dad on as a named driver may help bring the policy cost down though.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

So the dynamique and expression - whats the diffrence? Is the expression just the slightly newer shape above it?