ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello and Question...

Hi guys and gals, just registered as Ive been reading the boards for a bit and thought it was time I pulled my finger out.

Looking to buy a flame red mk2 172 shortly...went to test a 182 at the local dealers yesterday and was impressed; even found a 172 Cup to have a play with on the way (dealers private test track;) ). Just wondering what differences I can expect between the 182 with cup packs and a mk2 172?

Nice to meet yall anyhoo:D

Z

tiTTy & SV650

flame red 172, nice I was gonna get one but it sold so I bought the 182 instead. Enjoy.

Burgandy 174 sport t

I doubt very much there would be a fair amount in it on handling and certainly nothing a set of eibachs wont cure

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I had a FLame Red 172 (03 plate).

Swapped it for a 182 with Cup suspension......

Difference?

Like night and day.

Seriously, standard to standard, the difference is there to be felt. As for Eibachs compared to cup pack? No idea.

Cheers for the pics Dave, youve got a beaut there! Exactly what Im looking for...down to the age! And theres no swinging(!) :oops: lol about it; heart set on it, just drove the 182 cos was easier testing at a dealer than hunting down a private seller or indep.

How much did it cost to sort the Eibachs out btw?

Coco- hear what you say mate, but really cant stretch to a 182 atm.:)

Z

'18 Megane dci

Its been a while but if I remember correctly they were about £160/170 fitted at Demon Tweeks in Wrexham, im back off there next week for KW coilovers, strut brace and Sports cat fitted.

Ill be keeping my Eibachs in their box in the loft for a while so PM me if you want to buy them when youve found your dream 172! :)