ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello everyone :)

Clio mk2 phase 1
Hello guys and girls my name is Tristen and I have recently bought my first car which is a 1999 Clio 1.2 mk2 phase 1 RT 8v for £500. I stumbled across this forum while looking up mods. I am 17 years old and will be booking my driving test in a week or 2.

Here is my car it has 12months MOT and 87k miles on the clock.

clioside.jpg
It's a 5 door so kinda unique if I put lots of work into modifications as I don't see many sporty 5 doors.

cliofront.jpg
Here is the front view

Modifications I will do

Change rear lights to mk2 ph2 because they look better in my opinion
Add a set of alloys 15-16 inch not sure if I should go stock or aftermarket yet
Lowered springs 60mm
Change front lights to something more sporty
Change the exhaust (if someone could recommend me a good one that would be great)
I may put a different induction kit depends how silly I go with this.

That pretty much sums everything up I look forward to hanging around these forums and getting to know people.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Modifications I will do

Change rear lights to mk2 ph2 because they look better in my opinion
Add a set of alloys 15-16 inch not sure if I should go stock or aftermarket yet
Lowered springs 60mm
Change front lights to something more sporty
Change the exhaust (if someone could recommend me a good one that would be great)
I may put a different induction kit depends how silly I go with this.

Welcome to the forum!

Mk2 rear lights are nicer yep.
I would go for 15" alloys possibly the OZ f1's from a ph1 172.
Lowering on springs that far is daft! You will need coilovers - also make sure you tell the insurance!
Get the Ph1 172 headlights, they are a projector style so you can also add HID's.
Wouldn't bother with the exhaust, its a 1.2.
Induction kits are a waste of money that could be spent on petrol and having fun in the car.

Take a look around there are quite a few ph1 threads around for you to get ideas from.

Clio mk2 phase 1
Okay thanks for the useful information I will probably get 30mm-40mm springs but at the moment I will be concentrating on passing my test so I will look into the lights.
Welcome to the forum!

Mk2 rear lights are nicer yep.
I would go for 15" alloys possibly the OZ f1's from a ph1 172.
Lowering on springs that far is daft! You will need coilovers - also make sure you tell the insurance!
Get the Ph1 172 headlights, they are a projector style so you can also add HID's.
Wouldn't bother with the exhaust, its a 1.2.
Induction kits are a waste of money that could be spent on petrol and having fun in the car.

Take a look around there are quite a few ph1 threads around for you to get ideas from.