ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Scotland

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Hi everyone,
My name is David Strawhorn. I'm 17, passed my test in October 2012 and bought my first car last week. A 1.2 16v mk2 ph2 clio Expression.
Loved it as soon as i stepped in! A few things, its been lowered, has non standard alloys (that are multi**t and ruined) and an embarrasing backbox .
All mods have been declared tl the insurance and its in my own name with me as the legal owner.

Anyway, got it on the Tuesday and by 3o'clock someone had gone into the side of me! It was my mate who i was out a drive with at the time. We came to a roundabout which has a single carridgeway entrance and a dual carrageway exit. The exit we were taking was straight on so i stuck to the left hand side which is proper protocol at that roundabout. Well my mate who WAS behind me had booted his c2 and tried to overtake ON the roundsbout so as i came round and he went straight on,he went inti the side of me. Smashed my driverside door and blew the airbag in the seat. None of us claimed responsibility and he WAS planning on going through insurance. However he is fronting. The car he was driving is in his Grandpa's name and the policy is his grampas - hes just a named driver so when challened about this (which would make his insurance invalid) he became agitated and very clueless. Since then we have not heard anything else about claims etc so i'm hoping hes realised that his insurance is invalid and bailed on the claim.

Now please dont think for a minute we were racing, i'm not your stereotypical 17 year old boy racer! I hate when people try to show off by going fast and cringe when i hear of people racing. As i said, i was in the correct lane and he tried to overtake therfor the crash was most definetly his fault.

Ive got a new door and two front seats from Barry Devlins which cost me £60 for the lot so as far as I'm concerned, mines fixed - and mine had the most damage!

I'll get round to fitting the seats tomorrow as the door is in . Not the best start to my driving carreer, eh?
Anyway i look forward to the advice and knowledge that can be had from other forum members and look forward to hearing of other clio owners from my area.

All the best,
~David

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome along mate, sorry to hear of your first incident, best to get it done and out of the way early though! Best if you can avoid the insurance anyway, even as a victim it pushed your premium up I've found.

Keep an eye here for meets and if you've got fb then you can also like our FB page for members up here.

Cheers
John

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Welcome along mate, sorry to hear of your first incident, best to get it done and out of the way early though! Best if you can avoid the insurance anyway, even as a victim it pushed your premium up I've found.

Keep an eye here for meets and if you've got fb then you can also like our FB page for members up here.

Cheers
John

Hi John!
I agree. Especially when the insurance was taken out 2 days before the accident!
I'll like the facebook page as i never knew you had one!
Best Regards,
~David

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I'm from East Ayrshire. I stay in a town about 5 mines east of kilmarnock.
~David

RS 182
Welcome along, where do you actually live? I'm in Ayr, but work in Kilmarnock! I knew you were from around here when you said you got your parts from Barry Devlin!

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Welcome along, where do you actually live? I'm in Ayr, but work in Kilmarnock! I knew you were from around here when you said you got your parts from Barry Devlin!

Thanks man!
I'm from Galston, about 5 miles from Killie.
Barrys is a great place if you need a part!

RS 182
I know a couple of people from Galston, boy i work with lives there, Scott Brown, about 18? Actually has a clio, but hasn't passed his test yet!

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
Another Ayrshire member!! Welcome to the forum :) You should get your name on the list for some meets, the guys seem like a good bunch. Looking forward to my first meet

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Another Ayrshire member!! Welcome to the forum :) You should get your name on the list for some meets, the guys seem like a good bunch. Looking forward to my first meet

Will definitely be going to some meets!
Looking forward to seeing new people who have the same interest!

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
Will definitely be going to some meets!
Looking forward to seeing new people who have the same interest!

The next one is the one closest to us!! If your for going, i can get you in Killie if you want?

Sorry to hijack :eek: Chippie, where you from in Ayr?

RS 182
I'm not too far from yourself, over in Forehill. I am sometimes over that way. What colour is yours? Will need to give a wave if i see you about
Mines is titanium Silver mate, what about yours? Havn't really saw any sports kicking about ayr since i got mine! I havn't moved into my house yet, but i'll be sure to give you a wave when i see you!

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
Mines is titanium Silver mate, what about yours? Havn't really saw any sports kicking about ayr since i got mine! I havn't moved into my house yet, but i'll be sure to give you a wave when i see you!

Same, titanium silver. The best colour ;) There is a mondial blue Ph2 172 Cup that goes about my area but i saw it on swapz. Owner wants a bigger car. I did see another titanium Ph1 172 just after i got mine. He flew past, think it was an X reg

RS 182
Same, titanium silver. The best colour ;) There is a mondial blue Ph2 172 Cup that goes about my area but i saw it on swapz. Owner wants a bigger car. I did see another titanium Ph1 172 just after i got mine. He flew past, think it was an X reg
Actually now you say that, the mondial blue one sits next door to my new house on some ocassions, seen it a few times when i've been doing work at the house! Havn't saw you yet though.. Is it a 172 or 182 that you have?

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
Actually now you say that, the mondial blue one sits next door to my new house on some ocassions, seen it a few times when i've been doing work at the house! Havn't saw you yet though.. Is it a 172 or 182 that you have?

PJ52 i think it starts with. Seen it today as well, he was right up my arse lol. Mine is a 172 Ph1, W plate. Mine is in for a major service and wishbones so she is MIA just now lol