ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Sheffield

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
Hi all,

I'm new to CS, having been turned on to it while looking around for info about 172s while I set about buying one (my first Clio, and edde's guides are just incredible).

I'm in Sheffield and the forums seem brilliant so I'll definitely be hanging around.

:hail:

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
Cheers guys, seems there's quite a few in and around S. Yorks!

welcome, whereabouts in sheffied mate?

Crosspool, nice and quiet (so hopefully easy on the old insurance, fingers crossed!) and not too far from the peaks.

Off to see the 172 that's top of my list tomorrow, fingers crossed it's as good as it looks in the pics! :cool:

Family Bus
Hi!

Another local lad, woop! I'm chesterfield, so not far. Get self to some meets!!!

Good luck with the car!! What colour/spec etc is it?

Welcome to CS.

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
Hi!

Another local lad, woop! I'm chesterfield, so not far. Get self to some meets!!!

Good luck with the car!! What colour/spec etc is it?

Welcome to CS.

Cheers, hopefully you'll see me around soon!

Black 172 non-Cup (yes please on the ABS and the nicer interior!) with the anthracite 182 wheels and Eibachs. Pretty standard, just the way I want it. It's hard to find non-thrashed non-Cups in S.Yorks and nearby, so I'm really keen to nab it.

Maybe I'm just being too scared about the lack of ABS, but last thing I want to do is stand on the brakes in the wet and for little to happen. I've heard the Cups are pretty easy to modulate once you get to know them though....still, this non-Cup looks sweet :cool:

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
Off to see the 172 that's top of my list tomorrow, fingers crossed it's as good as it looks in the pics!

It was! Deposit paid and I'll pick it up in a week or two when the current private plate comes off. Can't wait :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Welcome to CS Fella - I have added you to my mailing list so will be in touch when any meets are happening.

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
After waiting ages for the DVLA to get off their arses, I finally nipped down to pick it up this evening! It's SilverFox's old car and she's in rude health. Gave her a quiet run up the M1 for a bit, nipped into services for a tankful, and then pulled off at Chesterfield and stretched her legs a bit :cool:

clio-rys.jpg

More pics this week when there's better light and there's more room on my street to snap.

Thanks, Simon, you were absolutely brilliant start to finish and I'll cherish her for years. No intention of selling what's actually my first ever car (always been a named driver on other stuff until now!).

Whee!