ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Sydney Australia

Clio RS 172 2002
Hello

Just purchased a 2003 Clio RS 172 Black with sunroof. Always wanted, now I have. About to install cruise control. Keeping it stock.

Was pleasantly surprised to get a package from the UK with the ClioSport membership goodies. Love the key chain. No idea what a tax disk is. :rasp:

Living the dream.

Clio RS 172 2002
IMG_1134.jpg

Thanks for the welcome.

Since buying the car it's clocked 100,000 km and I've had it serviced. Changed all belts and tensioners -- some pulleys were cracked so it was a good thing it was done before it was driven much. Had a few other things repaired and replaced at the same time, cost of work was almost half the purchase price of the car, but it's a keeper so money well spent.

Just sanded and polished the headlights. Restored the stock head unit and got the 6-stacker CD unit working again. (Any suggestions for period-appropriate Clio 172 music to fill the stacker?) Installed a Parrot handsfree bluetooth for phone and iPod integration. Tightened the hand brake lever. Fixed the boot around the gear shift. Scrubbed the sticky mess off the interior plastic with metholated spirits. Installed new gas boot struts, new wiper blades. Installed new hazard light switch but it's still not working correctly, new switch might be faulty too.

Son and I took the car to Wakefield Park (Goulburn NSW) for a track day and had a great time, the car is unbelievably capable despite having different pairs of tires front and rear and a bad driver. Really need lessons to progress. Had it understeering and oversteering at various times, and the car handled the punishment wonderfully with no brake fade or over heating. A bunch of WRX guys and the owner of a BMW 135i came around at lunch and commented on the Clio, were surprised/impressed. It is all stock.

Just discovered the washer bottle is leaking. Headlight wash outlets are also blocked. Was some liquid on engine during track day, could see and smell but there were no drips so not too worried just yet. Some stock rims are beaten about from previous owner, will look at replacing these with better stock rims. Will install cruise control. Needs a cover for the positive battery terminal.

Thinking about new tires, the front currently have Michelin Pilot Super Sport 195/50R15 on stock rims. Rears are Bridgestone MY-01 in same size. Standardise on the PSS? Vast majority of use is city and highway driving, plus the occasional track day at most a couple of times a year.

Great car. Really, great.

Car looks good!
Wakefield Park is a really nice circuit too.
Barely saw any Renault Sports when I was living in Sydney back in 2008.