ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello! Looking at 5 172's Tomorrow...

FF Blackgold 182
Yea it's 72k or 5 years as said. Recently had my 36k with aux belt done. I'd make sure that the service intervals have been hit too, but then again that stands to reason. Welcome to CS and best of luck in finding your new motor! :race:

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Got one! Well.... its on its way!

After looking at a few that ended up not to be good enough, I decided to call in the local Renault dealer.....to cut a long story short, I've reserved a 172 thats being brought from another renault dealer. Should be with the dealer Tuesday for me to test drive and then hopefully with me at the weekend.

Ended up spending more than I originally planned...but I'm also getting a better car. 2003 52 plate, silver, 43k miles. Got it for £6k. Get the main dealer warranty thats gets rolled over every year if I let them MOT and service it, plus a £150 worth of holiday vouchers! Car was up for £6,500 originally.

Can't wait! Assuming it drives well and is in A1 condition then its mine and will post a few pics when I have it.

Also, had a look round the Megane F1 in liquid yellow and the Clio 197, both very nice.

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Just been to test drive the actual car I'm buying for the first time today. Definately having it and the Renault Dealer service so far has been excellent. They're even refurbing all four wheels for me too.

Anyway, just a quick question about the 172's engine/exhaust, as its the first one I've ever driven. Are they normally fairly noisy when you put your foot down? It was louder than I thought it would be. The exhaust is standard and I wasn't sure if it was blowing at all from the middle/front. The bloke with said it was normal for the exhaust to be fairly noisy.

They're checking it out anyway, just wondered if this sounded normal to any other owners? Fairly quiet and then loads of noise coming from engine/underneath of car.

Loved it anyway, and pick it up next Saturday.