ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - 172 style sideskirts

Monaco Blue Mk2
For the people that have these, what is the fit like on them? I've just taken mine to the bodyshop with my other bits but he isn't too keen on them! Said he's happy to pain them and that but they don't fit too well. The fibreglass has bowed out a bit and it leaves a gap at one end. He said they could be fitted with the sealant but you would be able to see the sealant at one end. To make them fit properly he said I'd be looking at £140ish :dapprove: Has anyone else had this problem or similar? If so what have you done? Thanks. Feel free to post pictures showing the fit aswel.

Chocolate Bar™
my skirts are the renault kit not the sport sides, so didnt have a problem with mine. Is the 140 ish just fitted? try another bodyshop, if they say the same you know hes not taking the piss

Chocolate Bar™
best photo i have of the fit

13072006014.gif

Monaco Blue Mk2
Thanks Mark. I know the fella at the bodyshop and he's a top bloke, I know he isn't taking the piss. He showed me what he was on about and explained everything and it all made perfect sense. The £140 was to make them fit perfectly, it involved fibreglassing and that, he explained it fully to me the way which, in his opinion, was the best way to do it, but I can't remember everything he said. He said he would paint them up perfectly for me at the price previously quoted and give me the sealant to fit them, but he wouldn't be willing/want to just sikaflex them as they are, due to the gap. He said if I was to sikaflex them on, I'd be able to get it fairly neat and with the sealant being black it wouldn't show up too much, but anyone looking at them would be able to see it.
How much were yours middo? Or if you got them on the cheap, any ideas how much from Renault?

Think Has and D4ve have the skirts aswel, any info from them would be appreciated.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
The bodyshop that did mine wern't happy with the fit.. so I forked out the extra to get them to fir properly, dunno what he did but its looks okay!

Monaco Blue Mk2
How could I forget the Saner mobile! lol
Good to hear mate, do you mind me asking how much they charged to sort them properly? PM if you prefer.
Paul, I took them to a bloke who has a bodyshop in Halebank, near where the old Asda was.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Came to £350 to repair a danaged skirt, get them to fit properly, then spray and spray bump strips, overpriced I know but I couldn't wait. Dunno how it was itemised tho , sorry!

Monaco Blue Mk2
No worries mate, thanks for that. Certainly making me consider it then. I was all for binning them before. He also suggested I could totally bodge them and it not look too bad! lol, If I was to bond them as normal, with the slight gap at the rear, plenty of sealant to fill the gap and get the sealant as smooth as possible where it's on show and use touch up paint on it so it doesn't stand out. Don't mind as long as it doesn't look totally gash. Suppose at the end of the day, they can be removed and the sealant doesn't do any damage.

Mégane RS
mine fit perfectly and were no problem to fit, only decent thing i've had from prima lol

Chocolate Bar™
lol. i actually got the sideskirts for free, but had them fitted along with some other work for 250. so all in all, it wasnt bad.

i dont think ive had the sideskirts sprayed for a little bit, so ill probably book them in soon along with the roof :clown:

BMW 330D
Middo said:
lol. i actually got the sideskirts for free, but had them fitted along with some other work for 250. so all in all, it wasnt bad.

i dont think ive had the sideskirts sprayed for a little bit, so ill probably book them in soon along with the roof :clown:
lol why dont ya just have the whole car resprayed??? :D

Chocolate Bar™
i was going to, but selling up shop soon. otherwise i would have had a black gold dymanique