ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! 182 NOT STARTING!

Clio 197 F1 No:494
everytime i lock my 182 the alarm bleeps and every morning when i come to start the car it just continulously turns over and after a huge amount of attempts the car does finally start, its fine once started but the same problem occurs everytime i come to start it, and its becoming a huge pain in the backside.:mad: as i get stranded!! ive been told the TDC sensor is fine but dont know if i should just buy a new one anyway??

is it an idea just to have the immobiliser/alarm dis-connected??

or does anyone know what this problem could be?

ive taken it to Renault but thats just the case of been charged and not resolving the problem.

the other strange problem i have with the car is that when i come to lock it the passenger door never locks and sometimes i end up manually locking it?

CLIO Iceberg 172
sounds like your battery isnt holding a charge, i would test a new battery on it, or take it to somewhere where they will test your battery for nothing, takes 2sec

CLIO Iceberg 172
just cos its new, dont mean its working, always worth getting it tested, failing that have you got any lights that are constantly on like interior light or somthing,
the alarm on these things is very sinsitive to voltage diffrences, i used to have an 6 led 501 bulb in my cabin light but i found that it was shorting out drawing power while off, it kept making my alarm go off every couple of hrs. so have a good look around for anything that could be shorting

Breaking mk2 DCI
mine wont lock passenger door either and now after it was running last nite and ive had the fault codes wiped it will only turn over 4 times then stop and wont start,
the immobiliser light is staying on, ive only jus had the ecu re flashed at renault but now its gone back a peg,