ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, 182 running issues! Hot starting and spluttering at high rpm.

PH2 172
doubt it would be the coil, if one side fails then it will still run or at least try and run on the other side on two cylinders? fwir clip has two codes for the coil pack relating to each side?
I can remember when coil pack was the go to answer for any misfire problem from the chorus section on here a few years ago, as no doubt you can.
Occasionally they can crack & arc out through the base rather than fire up the plug under load.
Not sure what code that would generate, but as no attention has been paid to the coil pack so far, worth considering or at least examining the underside?

Clio 197 RS
So I’ve been for a drive, it now revs freely and smoothly up to the Rev limiter no caughing spluttering or bogging...
But it still doesn’t like starting when hot and left for more than 5-10 mins...
I’m thinking fuel evaporation?
It does seem very much like that.

PH2 172
So I’ve been for a drive, it now revs freely and smoothly up to the Rev limiter no caughing spluttering or bogging....
Did you by any chance add some fresh fuel before this drive?
Also how old was the fuel that was in the tank?

PH2 172
I’ve changed the crank position sensor again, to the blue one with the new plug and wires.

I thought you told us it made no difference?

Quick update.
Changed for the upgraded plug/wiring/sensor...
No change at all. Still doing it

Clio RS 172 2002
When the hot start problem occurs, open the bonnet and let some cool air in. Then try starting.

Hi mate just curious if you fixed the hot starting problem? Mines the same car runs fine but just struggling to start when warm. I've changed all the obvious things and going to be looking at the Lamba sensor next. Cheers