ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help a dumb@ss!!!

CLIO 1.2 16V MK2 EXPR
whats the difference between a normal boot shelf & a stealth shelf???

i've got some JBL 9x6's to install and wondered if this stealth shelf would look nicer!

i'm a complete amateur when it comes to cars - sorry :S

I'd go with a stealth shelf tbh, as otherwise your original shelf will sag due to the weight of the speakers, they get nicked if you mount them on top of it & they'll sound crap compared to stealth shelf.

If your running/going to run a sub, jack the 6x9's in as you won't need them. Go for some nice round speakers instead.

CLIO 1.2 16V MK2 EXPR
I'd go with a stealth shelf tbh, as otherwise your original shelf will sag due to the weight of the speakers, they get nicked if you mount them on top of it & they'll sound crap compared to stealth shelf.

If your running/going to run a sub, jack the 6x9's in as you won't need them. Go for some nice round speakers instead.

Great advice - cheers!:D

Suzuki Ignis Sport
In past experience, i have had a sub at one point, then ditched the sub for some 6x9s. And the 6x9s wasn't anything compared to a sub.

TBh, i dont think many people use 6x9s nowadays.

6x9s are the cheaper option, but like i said, i think a sub would be a better option.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I had 6x9'sbefore I had a sub... then I added two 12" Alpine Type R subs running 500w RMS each... they broke my 6x9's :D