ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help a lady with a clio!

Clio172 Monaco Blue
Hello, Help/advice needed please

Does anybody know where I would get a dephaser pully from? Reanault are claiming its a discontinued part however my poor lil car wont move without it! Also, Whats it used for!!

Ta Muchly

J

JACKO CUP 172!

if renault dont do one you could try a local garage??
they might be able to sort it??

tbh i dont know what one is??

Lionel Richie
renault don't do it! hahahahaha, tell the parts guy he's a muppet, the manufacturer HAS to be able to suuply any part of any vehicle for upto 10yrs after its release date i believe

i might be wrong

anyway here's a pic for you
DSC_0047.jpg

its the pulley under the black belt (cambelt) next to the yellow cap

go see RS tuning in Leeds, they'll be cheaper than Renault!

172 cup'd extreme
European law states that every part of a car must be availible for 10 years from the cars end of production.

Is it the pully you need or the plunger?

Last edited:
  Clio172 Monaco Blue
Thanks for comments, Any idea how much one of these will cost me?
Yep its the phaser I need, apparently! The car has cost me sooo much dollar, I just cant face parting with her though!!

As said the bloke is a moron, manufacturers HAVE to supply spares for a car for a minimum of ten years after it finished production. I'm presuming the same part is used on the 182 and seeing as they've barely ceased production on that you'll have no problems. Ask to speak to the manager or someone with a clue next time. Edde or matt on here will probably be able to hook you up with a part number and an idea on price.

Lionel Richie
yes carbone copie

LadyBird, first lesson when oening a Renault, don't take it to a Renault dealer to be worked on! (not joking either)

Clio172 Monaco Blue
I didnt really know where to take it as my ex dealt with all these types of goings on previously! I just know its gonna be a pricey one!

yes carbone copie

LadyBird, first lesson when oening a Renault, don't take it to a Renault dealer to be worked on! (not joking either)

Not all the main dealers are fuckwits, just sadly in Renaults case (and alot of other cheap high volume manufacturers) the majority are.

Clio172 Monaco Blue
Eh? Your gonna have to explain that one to me! Aye will hop on the 'reliable' bus service at the wend and check out this Rs place!

M

mini-valver

If the dephaser pully goes i thought the cambelt goes with it?? If so then you may aswell get a new engine for the price to repair valves etc...

Clio172 Monaco Blue
As far as I know I have had 16 new valves and a cambelt, mechanic put in all back together it work for approx 5 mins then broke again! said the pully has gone now... arrrggghhh!! I dont really understand it to be fair though....

M

mini-valver

When the cambelt snaps the pistons carry n moving when the valves dont and they collide bending the valves. Sometimes can snap the conrods too!