ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help a new member with some interior lighting problems

1997 Mk1 Clio
Ok, had the car since around july time, and the interior light works when you turn it on, but doesnt work when the doors open, but if i leave the lights on it bleeps at me when the doors open so it knows theyre open, just wondering why it doesnt come on,

and the second issue, started my car up the other morning and all the lights on the controls for the blowers have gone out, which i can live with just its a pain when driving in the dark as cant see them, can I get a new bulb for that or will i have to get a new control box thing. (Sorry dont know the correct name)

Any advice would be appreciated,

cheers

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
The switch in the actual light may be faulty, to stop it comming on when you open the door. Seeing as it works when you mannualy turn it on, and move the switch into postion.

As for the console lights......., i think the bulb may have gone. Im not sure what type is used in the MK1's. Best wait until somebody who owns one comes along.

Mk1 Renault Clio RT 1.4
I have the same problem with my heater controls - just learnt where they are by feel :p Wouldn't mind changing my whole dash to white LEDs or something :) Anyone done that?

Funny enough I have the exact opposite thing with my interior light, mine works with the doors, but not if you tell it to come on anyways. Think the switches are a bit rubbish and do go in time!