ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help a noob

hi all, i just found this site the other day and soon, after christmas when cash sorted am looking to get me self a clio. I am 16 so this is gonna be a first car and gonna have 1500 cash and 1000p/x on a fiesta. so will have a budget of 2500, will be buying from garage cos need the p/x and mum since shes frontin cash wants comeback (if car blows up) but im gettin off point. I am after a 1.2/1.3 somthing like that. also 3dr and central locking(for moddin reasons got some plans) dont care lots about anything else but more bits the bette.r so what models should i be loooking out for i know i am rabbeling a bit but am a bit tired so any help is welcome

now edited so u can read it

Quote: Originally posted by clio_nutter on 10 December 2003

hi all i just found this site the other day and soon-after christmas when cash sorted am looking to get me self a clio i am 16 so this is gonna e a first car and gonna have 1500 cash and 1000p/x on a fiesta so will have a budget of 2500, will be buying from garage cos need the p/x and mum since shes frontin cash wants comeback but im gettin of point i am after a 1.2/3 somthing like that 3dr and central locking(for moddin reasons got some plans) dont care lots about anything else but more bits the better so what models should i be loooking out for i know i am rabbeling a bit but am a bit tired

and breath !!!!

welcome

Clio v6

Are you a board nutter? LMFAO

Welcome nice start.

Oh this is a comma ,

And this is a full stop .

:)

PS Im the resident nutter here. :D

Quote: Originally posted by clio_nutter on 10 December 2003

help a noob

You spelt it wrong mate, only 1 o ! HAHA only kidding matey :D

You want to get yourself a 1.4RT, only group 5 insurance and pretty good performance. You should get a good low miler for 2.5k.

Easy to get looking sweet with only a few mods.

Oh and finally, WELCOME

yeah that sounds good wot sort of power they put out? wot equipment they come with? mabye it was a bad idea to tell peeps i was a noob or to mention the blue oval?! oh well clios are nice from what ive seen and a lot of bits around for them

1.4rt defo but please please dont stick tonnes of sh*t on it, as it looks sh*t and gives us lot a bad name we dont want the Barry Boy reputation like the saxos and corsas and you will look back when your my age and think what the f**k did i ruin a nice car for. Tastefull mods are ok Remember subtle is better!

RT is 80bhp, comes with electrics pack (windows, sunroof et) remote cl and some other nice bits. early ones didnt come with power steering. loads of tuning parts/add ons available for them too.for the money youre looking at spending you could probably pick one up and insure it.

no need to tell me that mate i know sutle mods look best and done to best quality. i hate big kits unless on a jap car or something like that. corsa, saxos, novas and clios (from looking on them from a ford guy perspective) did have a bad rep but clios were never mentioned that much its mostly the max pooer ones that give u guys a bad name and any one that wears a burberry cap:)

My first Clio was a black 1.4RT, just had some 14" Renault alloys on it, nowt else - I thought it was the DBs! One of the best cars Ive owned that - by the way, Im a "noob" too....

1995 M Reg Renault Clio 1.4 RT Champs Elysees Ltd Edn
Blue Metallic, Hatchback, 3 Doors. 14" light alloy wheels, alarm, bumper and mirror in color, central doorlocks with remote control, Electric Windows, Front Fog Lights, Manual Sunroof, MOT at delivery, Power-Assisted Steering, Rear Wash/Wipe+Luggage Cover, Tinted Glass, Velour Upholstery. £1,595

found dis add car is only a few miles from me is this going to be a goodun?

yea jus need to find out the mileage

i got a 1.4RT and it has done me well for the past year and only being 18 i get a lot of rude boys chasin afta me but the 1.4 is one of the fastest 1.4s out there

happy huntin fella

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Mite be high miles? I had a 1.4 S They were just an RT but with sports seats(not buckets) and alloys and fogs etc but only a 1.4. You could try lookin for 1 of those. cheap insurance but those litle extras. Think they did a MAXIM edition too which was similar.

wots this i hear bout a 16yr old not likin body kit :eek: wont like mine then:(

i picked mine up for £1100 wit 88k on the clock and only had to change the cambelt

as long as the cars been looked afta it dont matter!

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 10 December 2003

Are you a board nutter? LMFAO

Welcome nice start.

Oh this is a comma ,

And this is a full stop .

:)

PS Im the resident nutter here. :D

Your the resident board w.....:D

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 10 December 2003

wots this i hear bout a 16yr old not likin body kit :eek: wont like mine then:(

i picked mine up for £1100 wit 88k on the clock and only had to change the cambelt

as long as the cars been looked afta it dont matter!

hey i just have good taste sure yur car is sweet its normally how well its been done and if the car has a wild kit on it and the other mods suit then its fine by me got any pics of yurs mate?

errr..and insurance will cost the price of the car - have you considered that? RT will cost too much. A bloody 3/4 yr old 1.2 8v spec ed. clio cost £1233 when i was 19 with about a years driving and that was with a pass plus. youll have to go on your mum or dads insurance if you want that one.

perhaps an RL would be a better option.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by SilverRSC on 10 December 2003

Mite be high miles? I had a 1.4 S They were just an RT but with sports seats(not buckets) and alloys and fogs etc but only a 1.4. You could try lookin for 1 of those. cheap insurance but those litle extras. Think they did a MAXIM edition too which was similar.
Well kinda yeah, the Maxim S had the same interior as a valver as well as a different box, meaning it was slightly quicker to 60 but higher insurance.

Theres various phases of RTs if your looking at gettin 1.

Quick summary, phase 1, the earliest Clios, some didnt come with power steering, all had leccy windows and remote central locking, push up sunroof.
Phase 2 had same as phase 1 except the sunroof is tilt and slide manual, different interior, electric heated wing mirrors and some subtle exterior changes such as different bump strips, different rear clusters, different wing mirrors, different boot strip thing. Both the phase 1 and phase 2 were 80bhp single point injection energy engines.
Phase 3 Clios, the last of the mk1 Clios up to around 97 IIRC, came with rounder front headlights, brake light in the boot just under the rear wash/wipe and came with a 75bhp engine but it produces more torque then the old 80bhp meaning its slightly quicker, nothing youd notice on the road though.

The RTs a good little car to start out with, nippy ish, few mods can get em to VTR pace but still nowt to write home about, well specced and generally reliable. Over 3 years with mine, had 40k when I bought it, on 95k now and the only problems Ive had is rear wiper motor went and Ive had to replace discs once and pads twice, both with K-tec jobbies!

Thats me RT below oh except its got smoked repeaters now not green uns! Kerbed alloys add 20bhp :oops: honest!

Quote: Originally posted by cliopower on 11 December 2003

errr..and insurance will cost the price of the car - have you considered that? RT will cost too much. A bloody 3/4 yr old 1.2 8v spec ed. clio cost £1233 when i was 19 with about a years driving and that was with a pass plus. youll have to go on your mum or dads insurance if you want that one.

yea but were tlakin bout the older models and my 1.4RT 93 with all the mods done is

£1003 TPFT 18 years old, no NCB, 1 Crash with Admiral

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Spoilers are either hit and miss, you either like em or ya dont. I wasnt sure about mine after it came back from the body shop but its grown on me, been good quality an all, hasnt warped or cracked in the 3 years Ive had it on. At the time there was very few knocking about an all, either the alien one Ive got, a maxi one I think its called which a mate of mine has got on his RSI or a valver spoiler!

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 11 December 2003

Rob im hurt dont u like mine :(

i like Zeds nice and subtle
I didnt say i didnt like it fella!

Im always drawn to the subtle ones thats all!

-Rob

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Lol, awwwwww, yours in nice Essex Lad, thought about bad boying my bonnet but the bodyshop didnt wanna start caking me new valver bonnet in filler.

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 11 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by cliopower on 11 December 2003

yea but were tlakin bout the older models and my 1.4RT 93 with all the mods done is

£1003 TPFT 18 years old, no NCB, 1 Crash with Admiral
that only leaves the budget at 1.5k then now. Mine was fully comp though. I wish i had the tilt and slide sunroof like in my old clio instead of this sh*t rattling push up job. A geeza at work just bought a black corsa sxi x reg for £2000...how good is that? gearbox is faulty though - slips from 2nd to 4th sometimes.

this price dont really include the insurance but wot is left over is going towards it but yeah they anit to bad, on the other side how much does pass plus get off ur insurance, what do u do for it

rt and rn and maxim insurance full comp is 2227 thats with tesco

so shoouldnt casue me vast probs cos gonna be getting job sorted

cheers for the help guys cant wait to join u lot proper