ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!! Airbag&pretensior on a mk2ph1/2

One with a few more
Right. I am currently putting the mk2ph1 leather seats into my mk2ph2 Clio.
Heres my problem:
The connectors for both are completely different on my new seats, and I'm not entirely sure how to connect them.
If I leave them for now - ie, the short drive home - what will happen?
I'm assuming just warning light will come on, which, if thats the case, I dont mind.
But I dont want anything else to happen! Will it? Are there any problem with leaving them unconnected?
Cheers

One with a few more
Brillient, cheers!! Dont know how I'll get round the connection issue. Was told to use bullets - but tbh there are tons of wires mixed up that I dont know what goes where!

Golf GTI 1.8T
Claire I'll try find a link to the same question which was asked a little while ago, but what you basically have to do is chop off the old ones and connect the wires together, had too do it on mine too. Can't remember what goes where but think we worked it out before.
Mitch

One with a few more
Great, cheers. Dont quite understand it all but I'll get my handy live-in technician on the job ;)

A well built VW
Much easier to fit the pretensioners from your seats to the new (ph1)
I bought some ph2 seats and had the same problem so i unbolted the ones from the seats i took out and put them on the new ph2 seats job sorted and only takes 10 mins a side gives a much better finish too than all that joining of wires and i would imagine no difference doing it the other way round