ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help and directing.

Clio Alize 1.4 16v
Ok so, ill start with my story, don't worry it is short. I foolishly owned a mg zr, finally it died, so i bought a cheap and cheerful clio alize 1.4 16v (ph1), i thought about modding it and make it all fresh got all the info i need to do so, but then i hit me, this car is in perfect old person condition, i only have this car because my original one died and i needed one quick for work and other aspects on my life.

i am now thinking this is just gonna be run for a while and then sold, however i have fallen for clio's and have a rather nice compo settlement coming through soon of 4k

so my question is, which is the best or most favourite version of the clio you guys like to Make all sexy, which model and which phase, Ph1? Ph2? Ph3? Etc and why?

Going to try to decide which i would like to get and freshen up.
;);)

Clio Alize 1.4 16v
Okay.. Ive decided to either fo with ph2 or ph3, but ive come to another hill to climb. What is with all the different names... Dynamic, extreme, expression, privelege, the only one i know what it is is sport as thats just obvious...

​Whats with all the names is there any major differences?

Clio Alize 1.4 16v
Spec / engine size.

​RS Clio is a completely different thing.

Im looking to go for a 1.6 16v, out of all those titles what would you recommend to be a good version of the clio?

(yes i changed my mind since the original post, im bored of 1.4 cars now, miss my 2.0 but insurance is to much so a 1.6 is perfect.)

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
1.6 will feel 10% faster for about 24 hours...

Go for a dCi 80 or 100... will feel faster and be much better on fuel.

As for spending money on a nice standard car - mental. Don't bother. Put it in an ISA to pay for your RS insurance in a year or two's time..!

Infact there's a dCi sport-rep in the for sale section at the moment. Sign up and have a look.

Clio Alize 1.4 16v
1.6 will feel 10% faster for about 24 hours...

Go for a dCi 80 or 100... will feel faster and be much better on fuel.

As for spending money on a nice standard car - mental. Don't bother. Put it in an ISA to pay for your RS insurance in a year or two's time..!

Infact there's a dCi sport-rep in the for sale section at the moment. Sign up and have a look.

Whats the difference between a normal 1.6 16v and a dci? Oh is a dci a diesel :dead: nothing wrong with a diesel just not for me.

Wasnt really looking to do anything to the engine, or spend all my compo dosh on the car just like the look of the ph2 and ph3, and would like to do some cosmetic stuff done on it, such as lowering etc

Last edited:
  Clio Alize 1.4 16v
I dont deny that diesel cars are good little cars, sorry if any offence was taken i just love petrol, i would take the smaller mpg from an rs over the larger mpg from the 100 even though they have the same output purely because i am a petrol lover.

Backon topic, is there any major differences between a dynamique and a expression?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I dont deny that diesel cars are not good little cars, sorry if any offence was taken i just love petrol, i would take the smaller mpg from an rs over the larger mpg from the 100 even though they have the same output purely because i am a petrol lover.

Backon topic, is there any major differences between a dynamique and a expression?

Youre not buying an RS.

Again, those are names for the spec packages. Alloys, air-con etc.

Clio Alize 1.4 16v
Okay guys, no one said i was buying an rs, that came up in the off topic part of this thread, I'm not after a racing car and big power and speed, a 1.6 16v will the beautiful for me, i love the look of the ph2 and 3 and I've seen what people have done to them, im just seeing what actually are the differences between the different named ones.

and i wouldnt be in this forum if i didnt think clio's where made sexy ;) they are gorgeous cars, but pristine gems when done up well :p

Clio Alize 1.4 16v
I just looked up the mk2 rs and they are actually surprisingly affordable...

God you have me thinking now.. Even though its never going to be used to its full potentials with what i need it for...