ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help: Any one insuring two cars

I need a bit of help, does any one on here own and insure two cars? I am trying to find a company that will insure two cars. can anyone help?

any company will insure 2 cars, u have to have 2 seperate policies tho, if u r trying to have 3 carsw on 1 policy, then forget it no one will insure u

Yup me, and this month Im getting stung for both policies.....

but now Ive got my full full NCB on my 172 insurance and apparently 62.5% ncb on my williams policy..... feck knows how they worked that out after only one year with them LoL

Yes, but then you can only use your no claims on one car is that correct? i know some insurance companies will use your no claims bonus on both cars on the basis that you can only drive one car at a time.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Quote: Originally posted by RS182 on 22 June 2004

Yes, but then you can only use your no claims on one car is that correct? i know some insurance companies will use your no claims bonus on both cars on the basis that you can only drive one car at a time.
seems logical to me, lol!

nope thats wrong, no company will use ncb on both cars, ncb is policy related, u cannot transfer it between cars, people yesw, say like u pass yours to your mum, but not cars, nobody willlet u do that!!!

Some insurers will give you a discount on the second car policy (if you are an existing customer), and will give you a renewal quote in a years time equivalent to the ncb you have on the first vehicle. You can also get it cheaper by insuring both vehicles with the same insurer (so they get twice the business), and the policies are separate (so you could technically drive either of the cars whenever you wanted). Admiral do it.

you can transfer from company to company with proof, you can change your car and use the no claims bonus, you can only drive one car at a time, it seems to me its another way they con you out of more money? So what do families that own more than one car do, it would be pointless to have loads of poilcies.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

my dads insured all our (4) cars under his name, and he only ever drives two of them, so that means that its cheaper. eg, he doesnt pay sh*t all to be insured on my car, coz hes got the bm and jag with the same people, so they know that hes got faster cars, so the clio isnt going to pose a threat to crashes ect. except iiiiiim the main driver in reality!!! muwh ha ha

elephant.co.uk quoted me on a second car, but wont take into account ncb for it. Their quote was stupidly cheap for the second car tho but I did have the first one insured with them too.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Im in the same situation, 2 cars - two differant policies.

With elephant with the williams - and they said they dont do second car policys at all !

How you managed that Pete ?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by RS182 on 22 June 2004

I need a bit of help, does any one on here own and insure two cars? I am trying to find a company that will insure two cars. can anyone help?

I would think that you are only allowed one lot of no-claims bonus if you are insuring two cars! :confused:

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

i bought another car recently....run around as i dont like taking mine in car parks etc.....

anyway.....Admiral let me mirror my no claims bonus on my 2nd car...pretty cool ......

so YES you can have ncb on both cars......two different policies but they just call it a mirror policy

:D

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

I have this same problem, its a bit of a nightmare.

It costs me £340 to insure a Clio16v with 5 Years NCB but it also costs me £700 to insure a 1.6astra 3rd party. Its absoutley crazy.

Its being under 25 years old which is the problem.

Will have to try Admiral and Belldirect i think as Tescos are taking the piss!

[Edited by aaronc on 22 June 2004 at 5:28pm]

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by 172mgw on 22 June 2004

nope thats wrong, no company will use ncb on both cars, ncb is policy related, u cannot transfer it between cars, people yesw, say like u pass yours to your mum, but not cars, nobody willlet u do that!!!

Is that true? can my dad pass down his no claims discount to me? Hes the policy holder on my car and im named at the moment but it runs out ion august and im hoping not to get stung!