ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - Anybody with AVO road sports kit

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Right i just need to know something about the front shocks. Do the top mounts sit high? is there a nut between the strut itself and the top mount? What is the correct mount for use on a ph2 16v? (mine currently has a Nylock nut as part of the mount.

I need the info ASAP as i cant pass my MOT till the struts have less play in them, and i think its due to this random nut making the mounts sit too high. Ive yet to see these nuts on ANY non standard front suspension set up on a clio 1.

You may find if you have fitted the AVO supplied nuts to hold your springs in place that they are to big a diameter to fit inside the Renault to mount nut (which screws down when the shock is in place). Fitting the Renault nut should allow the top mount to screw down more.