ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!! Cambelt replace car misfiring

Civic Type R
Hi

Took my car to the garage today becuase the cambelt was making a noise ( they had fitted new cambelt kit a month ago). They said it was the tensioner, and they fitted a full new kit for free.

Get the car home and it seems to be running sweet with no noises. leave it a few hours then go for a quick spin. I noticed a decrease in power, and the idle was more lumpy than usual ( almost shaking the from end of the car) revs at this point were 'hunting' slightly.

Anyway, went straight home to have a look. Car seems to have a cylinder down. Checked the leads and plugs and they are fine. Anyway at this point I thought I'd have some tea, and then have a look.

Just been out and the car barely starts, seems to idle at about 400rpm for a few minutes before it reaches normal idle speak.

Sounds very tappety, kinda like and old 1.1 ford. Stinks of petrol, and a strange kinda burning smell.

Next door neighbours bin round ( very mechanical) and says its sounds like a valve is down.

Do you guys have any idea of what i could be please?

It pretty un driveable at the moment.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Wayne :dapprove:

clio sport 172
hi mate it sounds like the verable valve timing was not set up properly it would of been ok for a few miles but then it would of gave way and done a valve or two i would get back on to the garage that you had it done at and get them to sort it out and dont drive it ne more

Civic Type R
nice one for the replies guys - back to the garage it goes, will they have to do the work? its nationwide autocentres

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
if they have made a mistake with it i am sure they will sort it..

does sound like its bent a valve or similar