ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Can i tow my car on a trailer.

T21PHY

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault clio182 TROPHY
I need to know if i have to take a test. I have a full licence but passed in 2001 so am i entiled to or not.

Thanks if you can help.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
depends how heavy the car is and how heavy the vehicle your towing it with is, but you will 90% of the time need to take a test

Clio's
you can tow a small trailor up to a certain weight. if you still have all the pieces of paper that you got with your license it says on there

anybody who passed their test after 1997 has to take a another test to tow a braked trailer over 750kg. the test is the B+E test. had to do it myself a few years ago.

T21PHY

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault clio182 TROPHY
The car towing would be a new nissian warrior thing?. The car being the trophy on trailer. guessing im going to have to take a test.

Thanks for the help people

ben

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
anybody who passed their test after 1997 has to take a another test to tow a braked trailer over 750kg. the test is the B+E test. had to do it myself a few years ago.

Was the test hard? What all did you have to do?

was similar things to normal driving test, easier tho. loads or reversing in it, and make sure the test is done with the same trailer as u practice with, cos u need t park it quite accurately, i needed a few lessons to get out of bad habbits. had to be done with an empty braked trailer aswell i think.

If you are towing a car trailer with a van, would you need to do yet another test if the combined gross weight of both was more than 3.5t?

Its something I really need to get done

the combined weight of trailer and load cant exceed 3.5 tons, if 3.5tons is the total weight of trailer and tow vehicle then its fine. with the b+e test.