ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help changing rear clusters

T

thecremeegg

Hi
I'm following fubar's guide, but he doesnt mention how to change the bulbs over. How do i know which hole each bulb should go in, as there are 3 bulbs but 4 spaces?

thanks

Tom

remember you only have one fog light

cluster7.jpg

Assuming you are using the necessary ph2 bulb holder of course...

Last edited:
T

thecremeegg

Yes i have the bulb bolder, but one of the fittings on it won't take my bulbs - it seems to be an offset bayonet as opposed to the others which have level (horizontally) bayonets....if u get me? i dont have a bulb that fits, surely i dont have to buy a speical bulb?

Thanks

Tom

1.6 focus zetec....
Yeah it sounds like it but i cant see why one bulb would be different from the rest..... odd!!

T

thecremeegg

I know....all the rest of the sockets are standard, but what looks like the reverse socket is different on boths sides.....nobody else seems to have mentioned it on CS!!! I beginning to think ive gone mad!

Heres a picture

Bulb.jpg

1.6 focus zetec....
Haha i understand what bulbs your on about... Got the offset pins on the focus!! Perhaps its just reanult being awkward renault as usual!!

Kiza

T

thecremeegg

i see thats annoying :-(
U reckon renault garage will have them in stock?

Tom

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The offset pin bulb is the indicator, which is an AMBER bulb. The bulb No. is 567 or EB581.
You would have had clear bulbs behind amber lenses in the old set.

T

thecremeegg

Ah that makes sense now, cheers.....i did wonder what i was going to do for indicating lol
Any ideas on how much bulbs cost?

P.S Out of interest, how come Days lights have orange in the cluster with a clear bulb? are there 2 different types of cluster?

Cheers

Tom

Those are Dans (fUbAr) lights.

The reason they look like that is they are Phillips Silvervision bulbs.

These are mine...

psprear3.jpg

Last edited:
T

thecremeegg

Rite ok
I'll go off to halfords tomorrow, see if htey have the right bulb, failing that renault

Cheers

Tom