ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!! CLUTCH CABLE SNAPPED

bloody valvers!! right i think my clutch cable just snapped, pushed the pedal down and just went TWANGE, luckily about 10 metres from my house....

so how much to fix this, how do i fix this , and anyone in the bristol/swindon area wanna give me a hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

or i think the car is going to get towed to renatec tomorrow or the day after!! b****cks!

Grant (pissed off)

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

If its just the cable then shouldnt set you back too much, I think there only about £15 from Renault!

grant if you want me to try to get one for you cheaper from renault then ring or text me 1st not like the last time you muppet, as for fitting ive never done one but i dont think its too difficult. and finally are you going to trax?

if i can get the car sorted etc in time then trax could be on the cards, but at this rate its not looking to good!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Grant (ringing renatec tomorrow)

BB tuning list the cable as £14 (+vat?) and £42 part&fitted ... so it cant be that hard to do yourself.

It hasnt happened to me yet so it must be cheap to fix, i only get the big $$$ breakdowns.

Quote: Originally posted by funkimic on 03 September 2003

just buy the part, push your car down the road and ring up AA and RAC and theyll do it for you nor nowt.
now THIS guy is CLEVER!

or perhaps they will stare at the engine ask you what bit does what the tow you to a AA service centre where your car will be left in the hands of a unqualifed gimp who will manage to lose the plastic covers off your engine, even though he didnt need to take them off anyway...

But on a positive note they do charge you twice as much as anywhere else but give you a discount of 10%... the heroes.

How many miles has your car done? and has the clutch been changed at any point. We see a lot of 16vs with very heavy clutch pedals and snapped cables If they a highish mileage you can usually bet the clutch is on its way out, they do not seem to slip at all just get heavier and keep breaking cables.Could be something else to look into as well.

cars just done 70k, so hopefully wont be the clutch on the way out, last thing i need is more bills as im off for my final year at uni in month and the car isnt coming with me!!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye as BenR says.. its 30 minute job tops.. even I managed to changed the clutch cable on my old 205 GTi.. result !

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Well I had a new cable, pedal fitted and a new "uprated" :)p)clutch bought from BB and after about 2months, the F ing clutch cable has gone and this is after NOT taking the car 1/4 miling, so wtf is happening here. My car has done 55k and has had all new parts fitted an now the cable goes, AGAIN! :(