ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help clutch problem 1.4RT

Clio 182
Hi, wondering if anyone could help or any idea what my problem could be. My car has been running great, ive just went and started it as I was about to go out looking at new cars. I then tried to get it into gear and my clutch didnt feel right at all. The bite is right at the top and also the revs are going mad as if my clutch has broke. It does drive but isnt very good. Ive never had any problems with my clutch upto now, been working great as far as i was aware. I though if it was the clutch i would have noticed it going. Any ideas what it could be and how much will i be looking at roughly to get fixed. Typical as im hoping to get my new car end of april and sell this one as ive just had some good news this week and been made permanent at work. Thanks

David

S2000
Sounds like it could be the clutch slipping - which would mean a new clutch was needed. I think what people suggest you try is to put the car in 5 gear at about 30mph and then plant the accelerator. If the revs just rise but the car doesn't accelerate then the clutch is fooked.

Clio 182
its definately the clutch knackered, had someone have a look. ive had a quote of £120 for the labour and whatever the clutch costs. does that sound quite good?

S2000
not too bad at all mate IMO, still qorth getting a few more quotes but I can't see you getting it much cheaper anywhere. The clutch can be had for about £60 from renault. Best to stick with renault IMO for the clutch.