ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help clutch problems

took my car in to be seen by the technician and it was diagnosed with a stretched clutch cable and worn clutch ie new clutch and cable- renault bill for this £1k, f**k that!! its only a two year old car and i feel very aggrieved that this isnt at least part payed for by warrenty is there any fuss i can kick up regarding this i mean a clutch should last more than 2years and id have thought a clutch on a sports model should be a bit tougher anyway. Other than this wheres a better option to get the clutch done and is it a job i could think of doing myself?? im ok with my hands but wouldnt wanna do major work also anyone who could help for a bitta wonga?? im so fed up of renault right now and am still awaiting my steering wheel as they ripped my last one around a month ago and am also awaiting a reply from my complaint as to why they had my car in for a total of 8days to fix the air con and refused me a company car.

the car has done 33k a bit high yes but mainly motorway miles o and it still has 11months warerenty running.

Know how you feel mate, my Cup clutch went at about 17K at about 6 months old !!!!! I did manage to get them to do it under warranty even though they said it was a clear case of abuse!! (after a lot of moaning)

Wont they do anything under the goodwill scheme where they pay some if you are the first owner, full history etc....?

Kick up a big stink in a nice sort of way and you might get lucky.

im second owner bought it privately although it does have fsh trouble is even if they paid 50% then it would still be around the full price of getting it done somewhere else i just cant believe they can justify a clutch going on a car only 2yrs old it sickens me im also pissed off at all the sh*t iv had so far with the dealer damagind my car and then saying they wont fix it then saying they cant as all steering wheels now have cruise control etc im just losing all faith in renault the dealer said it was clear case of wear and tear which i have complained about but was told i may not even get a reply as the complaints go to france. i really really wish id gone for the ctr i viewed now and that is a sad fact!!

If no joy with Renault - try a Mr Clutch or equivalent - more like £200 from them.

What id do is get an uprated heavy duty clutch and get a reputable but cheap garage / mechanic to do it - probably last twice as long as the Renault one and cost £350 all in!!!!

When I was quoted for my clutch - they were only saying it would be about £480 inc - where has the quote for £1k come from!!! :eek:

bridges renault uk for new clutch and cable cable is £84 clutch is like £899 where was your quote of £500 from? this is ludacris how can one garage charge twice as much as another, deffinately will get an uprated sports clutch and get it fitted by airspeed near me only prob is i dont have £400 let alone £1k am really strugglin for money at th emo anyway and am suprised renault wouldnt even contribute as car is only 2yrs old