ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*HELP* coilovers..

I recently got some Vmaxx coilovers in a group buy.

But went to fit them the other day and the bracket is wider than the bit it fits on too.

Shown where my finger is in this picture, the gap is 28mm, but the bit on my car (don't know the name) is only 23mm.

Picture079.jpg

What I want to know is I'm I better trying to get the correct ones, if this is possible.
Or can I get away with putting washers/spacers in between the gaps?

Thanks!

340i
hmmm that doesn't sound right!

I thought the "upright" part of the hub where all the same width? (although I may well be wrong)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Does the rest of the unit look as though it will fit?

As Gray said, I'm pretty sure all of the MK2's have the same dimension for that part of the hub (?), never noticed any difference on any that I've lowered, are you sure they are the right set for a clio. Might be worth checking the part number with someone Vmaxx or someone else who has them?

hmmm that doesn't sound right!

I thought the "upright" part of the hub where all the same width? (although I may well be wrong)

I have no idea if they are.

Does the rest of the unit look as though it will fit?

As Gray said, I'm pretty sure all of the MK2's have the same dimension for that part of the hub (?), never noticed any difference on any that I've lowered, are you sure they are the right set for a clio. Might be worth checking the part number with someone Vmaxx or someone else who has them?

Everything else seemed to fit, bolt spacing was correct and the top mount bolted on correctly.

Will try and find someone else with them to give them a check.

Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
The width of the hub does very across the models, along with the bolt spacing.

The part no on the strut is 60RE02/xx - with xx being the bolt spacing - this can be 52, 54 or 58mm depending on which of the 3 versions you have.

It does sound like you have the wrong struts. As you bought through the group buy, speak to Speedbox who I am sure will help resolve that.

If you have any further questions, drop an email to sales@v-maxx.co.uk and we'll get you sorted.

Pete
V-Maxx UK / The Performance Company
www.v-maxx.co.uk

I dropped an email to Speedbox (organised groupbuy) who have confirmed I have the wrong front struts.

Just waiting to hear back. The part no. on mine was: 60 RE 02F/54

So the bolt spacing was wrong too as I need 52mm, which is what I asked for.
Will see what they ask me to do next!

Thanks for the reply! :)

Last edited: