ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help connecting pc to tv please

Mini Cooper
Just being trying to connect my pc to my tv via hdmi, it display the start up then it just says mode not supported. I can run it in safe mode and when i go on display settings all it lets me set it to is 800x600. Then i restart it and it still just says mode not supported.

any ideas would be appreciated
cheers

RS 200
You are probably trying to display a resolution that is too high for the TV. Lower the resolution until the picture comes on the screen or change it to the native resolution of the TV.

DCi
can you plug in your PC into the monitor and the TV simultaneously? you could run the PC on the monitor, then extended your desktop onto your TV and adjust the resolution until you find a setting that works

172 cup
My samsung lcd tv wont show a picture via vga connection, from my laptop, it says not supported.
The only way i could connect is via s-video. Not hd though.

Mini Cooper
just sorted it an option came up to start it in low resolution so did that then set it to the higher res once it was running. working a treat now. cheers anyway

Mini Cooper
My samsung lcd tv wont show a picture via vga connection, from my laptop, it says not supported.
The only way i could connect is via s-video. Not hd though.

have you tried running the boot options screen on startup?

DCi
just sorted it an option came up to start it in low resolution so did that then set it to the higher res once it was running. working a treat now. cheers anyway
there might also be an option that says 'only show resolutions that this display supports' or words to that effect. Can't go wrong then!

Mini Cooper
yer if you do that by pressing f8 on start up. then there might be an option saying run in low resolution then if there is do that one and then when it starts up change the resolution to suit your tv (can't be to high). if that option is not there then try running it in safe mode and then changing the resolution once it has got started. should work my tv is samsung aswell