ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help!!! DILEMMA

2005 Impreza WRX STI
i have paid my years insurance up, but im 10 1/2 months into the policy so 1 1/2 remaining and im selling my car 2morrow. my ins company will not insure me on a scooby, so i need to insure something for just over a month so i dont loose a years no claims. what should i do?

can i insure a rot box with no tax or mot (say i bought one for £100) and tell my insurance to transfer my policy over from the 172 to that? Im not bothered about driving anything, it can sit there and rot for all i care!!

any help apprecited fellas

Paul

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nip down to an auction and get something with tax and mot! For £100 max. Or check your local free ads paper, always something going cheap in those.

2005 Impreza WRX STI
going on sat mate :( im gutted in a way. best car ive had by far! quite a few ppl on scooby club saying i should keep it.

....as for the insurance, how can i 'let it run' ? whilst looking for another car?

2005 Impreza WRX STI
looks like ill be getting a shed. u cant leave the insurance running on a car thats sold to someone else

Clio 182
Clarkie172 said:
looks like ill be getting a shed. u cant leave the insurance running on a car thats sold to someone else

Really? What happens? I sold my car over a month ago but norwich union would not insure me on a 182 and they wanted £30 to cancel it so i thought f**k it i will leave it just waiting for my no claims to come in next month :)

You can have insurance on a car you don't own. However you have to tell the insurer.
Personally I wouldn't bother just keep the policy running its not exactly a huige criminal offence. I've done the same thing before on a car..