ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help (edde Fred ANY1 lol)

had new pads, braded lines and fluid done today, not discs tho,

system was blead and 1lt of fluid was used

when car is off pedal firms up nice but when i turn it on the pedal goes down quite abit and then the brakes work, its not firm yet, is this due to running new pads in to suit caliper and dics ??? they stop the car you just have to push the pedal down abit ?

cheers dave

Maz

LY 200
I presume its cause they need bedded in ? just had ned pads fitted to mine too and if we are talking about the same thing mine are doing the same ..

lol its does brake and i do stop just the pedal goes down abit befour they bite, not braking as soon as u push the pedal, your the same maz ???

CB600FS
Keep pumping the pedal mate if you've just changed your pads, your pushing the pistons out by doing this. If you hold your foot on the brake when you start it, it will go down/soft slightly.

Go easy on them for a bit, keep pumping them too

CB600FS
If your not happy with them, get it jacked up again and have a nose around, make sure your bolts are all tight, pads sitting correctly, hoses positioned correctly etc etc. Best to be safe on brakes eh.

Then if alls well, buzz it round the block and start to bed them in.

Clio 172 2 phase1
What pads have you fitted? If they're a performance compound they may take longer to bed into the discs - depends on the composition.

Either way, they'll need properly bedding in. Start off with fairly light pedal pressure but don't tickle them. You fairly quickly want to be braking fairly firmly but not for long periods.

If you mince about with the bedding in process (a lot of people are worried of overdoing it) the pads will glaze and never work at their optimum.

If you can find somewhere suitable to follow this procedure, do it; it's the quickest and surest way of bedding pads in properly:

Accelerate to ~50mph, then brake steadily almost to a halt (don't stop entirely).
Repeat around ten times, each time increase braking effort.
On the last run you want to be applying pretty much maximum braking effort.
Make sure you DON'T STOP COMPLETELY using the footbrake, at any point during your ten runs.
After the last run, come to a halt by coasting or using the handbrake and leave the brakes to cool right down.

That's them bedded in as best as you will get. Takes a bit of time and effort but it's your brakes after all, got to be worth it.

Have used this method to bed in new cerametallic and kevlar pads for racing and they do then work at full effectiveness from the word go.

Take a cloth with you and give the car a wipe over while the pads are cooling to ambient temp, give you something useful to do while you're waiting!

HTH
James

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I will put money on it that there is still air in the lines mate, or the brakes aint been put on right... check them to make sure pal

Golf R soon...
Had new discs pads and braided lines fitted on Thursday down at K-tec, I only have to touch my brake pedal slightly and I hit the window screen! Its great!

Clio 172 2 phase1
If the pedal starts off soft when the engine's off, then gets a lot more solid, they need re-bleeding.

When the engine's running, you should feel the same pedal effort every push. Pump them quickly, repeatedly - if it gets more solid, they need re-bleeding.

It's normal for the pedal to drop a bit once the engine is started but every press of the pedal thereafter should feel the same.

Apologies for repeating what others have said, probably better than I have, but it bears repeating. Good luck with it.

The pedal goes down when the car is started because it has servo assisted brakes, which are activated when the engine is running.

This is normal on a car with servo assistance.

when the engin is off they get better when its running they take the same effort every push to stop just that the padel travles loads, on done 50 miles on them.

Maz if your still having trouble drop me a call.

(cannot do PM's or anything else at the moment unfortunatly so not looking at for the forum much either)

Maz

LY 200
Im not having problems they are there and always have been just dont react on the slightest touch and tbh I have never expected them to .. will see how I go ..

yes when i had standared as soon as i touched the pedal they bit, but now i have to push the pedal down abit befour they work ?

my friend at renault did them with a special thing which plugs into an air line and draws the fluid through the lines, did all 4 calipers and used nearly 1lt of fluid,

had new pads, braded lines and fluid done today, not discs tho,

system was blead and 1lt of fluid was used

when car is off pedal firms up nice but when i turn it on the pedal goes down quite abit and then the brakes work, its not firm yet, is this due to running new pads in to suit caliper and dics ??? they stop the car you just have to push the pedal down abit ?
It sounds normal get your mate to drive it seem if he things its normal.

So are you saying the bite should be there as soon as you touch them ?

There should be a slight bit of give in them.