ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help eng swop

Arctic blue 182ff
Should there be a woodruf key in the crankshaft cambelt pulley? my replacement engine pulley does not turn as it should when I turn the clutch assembly by hand. This was after I removed the "fan" belt crankshaft pully retaining bolt. As I have now lost the correct timing can someone let me know where the various pulley marking should be as I wish to replace the cambelt. Thanks

Oh dear, the pulleys are floating IIRC and you'll need the correct timing tools to lock the cams at the flywheel end, the crank at the front of the block and the pulleys at the pulley end.

You want cylinder 4 (pulley end) on TDC. Then the notches on the end of the cams should be inline, with the big D's to the top? Capisch??

And yes, you need the special tools.

Arctic blue 182ff
I still wish to know if the crankshaft cambelt pulley is keyed on to the crankshaft with a woodruf key or just by friction via the crankshaft pulley bolt.

And make sure you get the correct tool to lock the cam pulleys, the first one i bought fouled on the depahser!

Lionel Richie
they have no mechanical locking to the end of the cams or crank, ie if the bolt/nut is loosened off the pullies are free to spin without the crank or cams rotating