ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help evil ice or anyone out there

right i have been looking at an install for a mk2 172 and was wondering what to do, i really dont want a boot full of subs and amps but i dont want to loose the bass so i was looking at the audobahn 6" drivers what are they like i have seen a video where they are producing an insane amout of noise but that was in a special cabinet any help would be great

ta

mike

The 6 inchers arent bad at all and they will take a decent 100watts RMS each. I think you would be better going for the 6.5" Digital Designs middriver. Now they are something else. I was chatting to the company that imports them and the guy told me that someone in the US managed 136db from a pair of those..oh and ive heard one of these and theres more midbass in them than you can shake a stick at.

Russ

Evil I.C.E Car Audio

Thats not a bad idea but the DD sub would sound better and give you more bass without flapping about like most Caliber stuff does. I forgot to mention the price last time too. They are only £95..They also use a tiny box so you would still have room for the shopping.

Russ

bargin price that i must admit i have never really rated the caliber stuff it just seems cheep

do you have a url for the digita designs stuff ??

oh yeah and i know you will have told people this many times b4 but can you suggest a set of fron comonents and a set of rears also head unit and amp all for sq please

ta

Ok, no problem. the best info is at http://www.ddaudio.co.ukwww.ddaudio.co.uk. They are the UK importers of the DD brand. If you give them a call they will tell you how good the 6.5 sub is. Caliber stuff is a budget brand at the end of the day. Even though some things are decent their subs definately arent.

With regards to the other stuff. We may have what you are looking for. As you probably know, we are an Audiobahn dealer and they are superb for SQ but will also go loud. I would go for a Rockford headunit (any in the range really). then a set of Audiobahn ABC600Qs for the front and the ABC525Qs for the rear. To run both sets i would go for the Audiobahn A4401Q 4 channel amp which is a nice shiny piece of kit. All of these things are in stock by the way. Also i will give you a huge discount if you did go for it in the next week or so. For example:

A4401Q - Normal Price £365 - Your Price - £250

ABC525Q - Normal Price £153 - Your Price - £110

ABC600Q - Normal Price £183 Your Price - £130

Rockford RFX9110R Headunit - Normal Price £319.99 - Your Price - £306.99

Total £776.98..you save £245.

These really are bargain prices but we need to clear the stock. We are having a massive clearance at the moment for when the new shop opens at the end of March...i hope to see everyone at the open day.

This offer is open to everyone in the Cliosport club but we only have 1 of each of these items at these prices. If you have all the Audiobahn stuff in the list at the same time we can do a slightly better package price.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

Revels Mum & Sister

Totally agree with Evil ICE

The DD Audio Stuff (Especially subs are pounding) Very tightly sprung. With a fiar amount of powe they are extremely accurate.

As for Caliber doing cheap stuff. A lot is crap. Dont go much on there sub range but some of the Caliber Comp amps are pretty good! I still have my old Caliber 2000D (Competition 2 Amp). When loaded down to 2 Ohm Absolutely pounds it out. Has run all sorts. 12W6, 12W7.

Is a brilliant amp. Taken over by a Jl 1000.1

EvilICE you had any experience with the 2000D amp??

Actually no i havent heard one yet but i have heard good things about them. They have 2 variations of it in this years range but i dont know what the differences are. Being class D it dosnt really matter how it sounds as long as it puts out the power. Does it really do 2000 watts or is it like the Pro Plus Nemesis..the figures just dont add up on those.

The Caliber subs are way too overpriced for what they are. I would put them in a similar class to Legacy or Sony subs..which cant be good. The DDs are in a totally different class.

Speaking of which - has anyone ever seen the car audio shop in the soap Hollyoaks (i know its crap but there you go). The guy in there only seems to sell Legacy stuff...I sense a lack of customers going on there. Also he still has a Car Audio Centre sticker in his back window..how strange. Im thinking of ringing up channel 4 to ask them to change it for one of our stickers..you cant beat free advertising.

350z & 16v Maxi

We used to do a lot of Caliber stuff and to be honest there subs are better than you would think. I had two CWX12s which are their top of the range dual coil subs and are very similar to the JL W6 subs but a lot cheeper. They are class subs and are far better than a lot on the market. There performance subs are just budget subs but i would say you get better value for money than the likes of Sony, Kenwood etc. I would say you need to spend an extra £20 on them to get the same quality as the Caliber ones. We dont do much in Caliber subs anymore and do a lot more MTX.

As for the amps again the rally stuff is the same as the performance subs. Then you get Competition and Competition Pro. The competition is pretty good kit and has the CA2010D which is a 1000watt RMS amp and runs about 870RMS at 2 ohm stable. The CA2010Dpro is a 1000watt RMS amp and runs about 1100watts RMS at 1 ohm stable. The Competition Pro range has better crossovers, 7 band eq for each channel, gold plate circuit board and more stuff like that. I am running the CA2010Dpro and the CA470Dpro and both are fantastic amps. Similar spec to JL 1000/1 and 300/4 except for the R.I.P.S.

My car will be on a stand inside at Donny and if anyone doubts the Caliber amps they are more than welcome to come and see/hear them in action.

Revels Mum & Sister

1Ohm stable Evil ice it kicks out around 1400-1600 RMS

Wouldnt hit 2000RMS though.

Is still a wicked Amp. Considering it is well over a year old. Is pretty good On quality as well. Keeps it own even with the Gains down. When the Gains are up though it doesnt like it too much so I keep them down. Or did!

Will run with the big boys!!

Sounds good. I will have to have a listen sometime. I had 2 of those Pro Plus nemesis amps that i mentioned earlier...absolutely shocking. They both blew up after a day and in the end Pro Plus changed the power figures quoted on them and dropped them down to 2ohm stable i think...they must have had some major problems...The Titan on the other hand is great.

Its the same with the gains on the 2 Rockford bd500s that we run in the demo car. We have to keep them low. That may be something to do with the 5v preouts on the headunit but it definately sounds best just above the minimum mark.

Russ