ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP FAILED M.O.T

Clio
I've just put my clio in for a m.o.t, it failed......I have a duplex exhaust system on it and apparently it is too noisey.

Is there anyone with this problem?

Also, is there a company that sell noise deadening or baffles that can be pushed into the exhaust and removed after the m.o.t.

I don't want to just remove the system as it cost a lot of money and would be more hassle than i really want. quick solution is a must!

help would be much appreciated,

James

Clio
Also i took it to another place and they just said no chance. but i took it to another place today and didn't mention anything about the exhaust hoping that it was just the other garage being arsey but then he came back with the same outcome...."too much noise"

172 cup
sounds a bit dodgey if you ask me. No exhaust should be too noisey unless specified for race use only

Clio
Well its not a track car, its my everyday run around....there must be someone else thats had this problem recently. i might just run it round to another couple of m.o.t places now and see what they say.

172 cup
you can get db reducers. But they require to be welded into place. Ask them exactly how many db's too loud it is??? see if they have actually measured it

There is something about excessive noise from the exhaust.

My brother is a MOT'er, but he said that you cant fail it on the noise as there is no way to prove it. In a small closed garage, the noise would be louder than out in the open.

ive heard about this new law, didnt know if it had come in though...

(copied off another forum)

post2391232114716iq0.jpg

Hope that helps!

Golf GTD Mk7
what dB is that for then? Stupid rule imo. why does noise have anything to do with it. They will make subs illegal soon too.

Bus w**ker
PMSL I got knocked back due to this on Tuesday. I argued the point but the guy was a prick, proper jobsworth as it's at their discretion. Went to three other testing centres all of which laughed about it and said it wouldn't be a problem but can't get me in till next week.

Moral of the story is the testing centre guy is a c**t, go elsewhere (and then get rid of loud chav exhaust).

M2 Competition
For you to take it to multiple test centres and for one to say 'no chance', it must be pretty loud fella.

Maybe the solution is a quieter exhaust.

Bus w**ker
The one of mine is f**king awful lol. It's coming off ASAP and being replaced with a K-Tech Stealth as it's too loud for me, got even louder after track time at Donny lol.

But it's no where near as loud as exhausts I've had in the past when I was a kid and didn't know better. ;) Even the other lad at the testing station said he was being a prick and to just take it somewhere else PMSL.

Either way loud chav exhausts = FAIL, in more ways than one.