ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help finding spacers..

GW RS200
Trying to find 4x100 bolt to hub spacers and can't seem to find any what so ever with a centre bore of above 60.1?

Can someone guide me in the right direction, have tried many of places. :(

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I believe so mate, have to allow for the head on the bolt.

My 16mm hub buddies were absolutely fine. Bolt to hub is only better if you take the wheel on and off alot.

GW RS200
I believe so mate, have to allow for the head on the bolt.

My 16mm hub buddies were absolutely fine. Bolt to hub is only better if you take the wheel on and off alot.

Thanks mate,

Yeah should have thought of that.. I'm only cautious of having normal hub centrics as I've heard a lot about the strain on longer bolts?!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
16mm hubCentric non bolt type will be fine, the rear is machined to be supported by the hub, and then the front is machined like the hub to support the wheel.

Get a stud kit with longer studs if your worried. Thats what I'm doing instead of longer bolts

GW RS200
16mm hubCentric non bolt type will be fine, the rear is machined to be supported by the hub, and then the front is machined like the hub to support the wheel.

Get a stud kit with longer studs if your worried. Thats what I'm doing instead of longer bolts

May be a simple answer here and will make me sound real dumb, but what benefits are there from using studs rather than bolts?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'm not sure myself of your question but put it this way. I did a load of track sessions and went round the ring with 16mm hub spacers and 40mm bolts and I am here to tell the tale! They wouldn't be sold by reputable companies like JJC if there was a terrible safety rating

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Studs stay put in the hub, meaning if you have your wheels off often, the spacer will still stay on the hub.
And it's a dam sight easier to put a wheel on studs as all the lining is all done.

Dont knock me , yes the longer bolts will be fine if you don't take the wheels off often.

Some really fancy nuts aswell when running studs :p

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Studs for convenience ja!

I had my wheels off at least once a week because race car and it was a little annoying I have to admit. Keep you're wheels on and you'll keep your shirt on.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Studs for convenience ja!

I had my wheels off at least once a week because race car and it was a little annoying I have to admit. Keep you're wheels on and you'll keep your shirt on.

I don't do hassle anymore, have enough of that at work. Don't need it at home aswell ;). Hence why I like working on jag xtypes as theyre studs.