ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!, front diamonds

1.2 16v
After flicking through the forum ive got the idea of gettng the back diamond of, from inside the boot? but i have no idea how to get the front off, if you can? and what would you use to get the diamonds to stick back on, i have a black clio so any ideas of what colour diamonds to have? ive saw a few stealth cars and a few bright coloured diamonds, any ideas would be fantastic! Cheers!! :star:

If its the same shape as my 172 cup (sorry I am dense and don't know what phase the 172 cups are)The front diamond just pulls off and the back diamond open the boot up take the plastic panel off just one screw and a few clios to get it off. The you can just unbolt the back diamond and the plate it sits on. Easy peasy lol.

Stagecoach Ticket
Sign up theres a guide in the guides section but its pretty much what is listed above

Remove the rear boot panel
Then remove the clip going into the boot lock mech
Unscrew the 3 bolts holding the handle/diamond on
Pick away the glue/resin holding the diamond in place
prep it paint it leave it to dry
Put it back in with some more glue on the back to make sure it does not fall out
put it all back together and make sure you plug the cable back in

1.2 16v
Whats the best type of glue to use to make it stick back? got the idea of preping n sanding it down and that, just gettin the front one off seems to be the big worry for me without damaging it and things around it, bit heavy handed working in industrial pipe fitting if somthing down happen on the 2nd atempt i usually take the hammer to it LOL

I took both my diamonds off to repsray them. I took my front diamond off whilst my bumper was off, didn't break any clips, nor on the rear.
So didn't use any glue when I put them back on, and they stay on fine.