ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP Fuel smell in cabin

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Getting an unburnt (I think) fuel smell in the cabin when the car is idling... 1.2 8v btw

Its fine when driving along, but when stuck in traffic or sitting at traffic lights for a while it comes through the vents (If I turn the blowers to 0 then I get no more smell)

Any idea what it could be/things to check??

Am I gonna be able to fix it myself?

Cheers in advance for advice :)

x

Peddled device
Definitely sounds like a fuel leak in the engine bay. Maybe wait until cold then turn the ignition on to pressurize the fuel lines without starting the engine (is that right on a Clio....was on a 205 Gti ?) and check for leaks.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sounds a good plan Dave, if its not for a 205 LOL!

Its quite a strong smell when stationary but I'm not noticably losing any real fuel from it, just hope I can find it and stop it.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
i have no idea what i could be tbh, but if it was overfuelling then you would get the fuel smell in the bay,

Not sure were the fuel rail is on the 1.2 8v but could you try and see if the fuel line that attaches to it has started to leak.

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok cheers, its a 1.2 8v so a nice small engine to have a look around I guess, but after speaking to someone on here he has said that a very small amount of petrol can make quite a smell, so the leak could be tiny and very hard to find :(