ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help help help wheel problem!! URGENT URGENT

hi everyone just fitted my 17 teens and the guy asured me they would fit the mk2 clio and i told him i had a clio 172 mk2 and he said they would fit....anyway got on car ok but noticed it was tight fit on back brakes anyway start to pull away and the callipers are catching on the rear wheels so i defo need spacers the f**king muppets!!! anyway what spacers do i need and can i get them from anywhere like halfords etc and what type do i need i cant believe it i am so pissed off about this can someone help me asap on this...............

Da

Less
Doesn't say the offset. It's ok them saying they'll fit the 'Mk2 Clio' but the RS and the non-RS versions have 2 different offsets.

i have checked mate and they said 4 x 100 and the bore is 60.1 which is what they have put on order form but it is catching the rear calliper slightly rrrggggg

Audi Q7, Avalanche
get some spacers from your local parts supplier, they are really cheap, i think the last time i did it on my old fiesta i was told at least 4 or 5 full revolutions of the nut/bolt in order to be safe, anything less and you will need longer studs/bolts. i have some spacers knocking about if you wanted some cheap? not sure of the mm but i can check tomorrow if you like?

thats very kind of you mate but ideally i need them tomorrow as i need my car and my old wheel are all wrapped up now to be posted arrggg thanks anyway mate do i just get standard spacers or do i need special ones and what size wouldi need?? thanks everyone

i have checked mate and they said 4 x 100 and the bore is 60.1 which is what they have put on order form but it is catching the rear calliper slightly rrrggggg
That's not the offset figures, offset will say ET38 or something like that.

its does not say but the wheels can fit both offets as it has multi fit wholes to fit....what should i do will spacers sort me out?

1.6 focus zetec....
Offset is how far the wheel sits in/or out of the arch.... pcd is the bolt spacing!!

I doubt you'll get any spacers on the same day as most places you have to order them!! i would go with 10mm though imo, if you are going to get spacers!!

Wheres the calipers catching??? And why catch on the back and not the front???

Last edited:
cheers guys i dont know they dont catch on the front at all which is very strange i am going to have another look 2mora in case i have done something wrong but is 10mm going to be fine then i hope the garage will pay for them but it always happends at a weekend dont it so you can get fack all lol

Da

Less
The offset is the problem not the PCD. We need the offset figure, it will be stamed into the wheel on the rear somewhere, then we can determine the size of spacer needed to correct it.

meriva vxr! really ;-)
If any help when i put the 17's on my 182, fronts went on fine and rears caught on calipers slightly. Put 8mm spacers on back (think that was the size) and used standard bolts and has been fine...

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Looks like massive overkill to fit 8mm spacers. This is a machining problem. The wheels turn, the spokes just touch the brake calipers as they turn. This is a problem that would be solved by a 1mm shim between the hub and the wheel.

hi everyone thanks for all your help so far i managed to get 3mm spacers and the wheels now fit a treat few!!!! got them from ears motorsport in macclesfield and i must say the guys there are very friendly and took real time in getting me the right ones...a tenna cash for both not bad...anyway will get some pics up of the wheel and i must say i am completely suprised the wheels are lighter than the standard 16 inch rims by around 1.7kg per wheel (weighed them he he ) and also the ride comfort has imrpoved drastically i am not trying to make excuses but it really has made the car so much better in performance looks and actual grip..if you look at some of my other posts i said about when excellarting the car felt a little un easy at huigh speeds but no with these on i dont have that problem at all i am really chuffed and glad to see the mk2 wheels go....cheers everyone for all your help with everything in making kmy deiciosn