ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, I'm a muppet

172Cup
hello good folks

I've been reading this site for a couple of weeks and not registered, now i need your help if possible :)

I tried to do an oil and filter change yesterday (172Cup), got a bit of a shock :clown: How the devil do you reach the oil filter to remove it? can you take that thing off the front of the engine? not sure what it is, looks like it's attached to the inlet or something :quiet:

also, do I need a special tool (i'm a special tool myself :clown: ) to take out the sump plug? where do i get one from if i do?

thanks folks :star:

ITB'd MK1
8mm square drive to remove the drain plug, about £7 for the tool from halfords

the fuel rail guard is the part on the front you are talking about, it's simple to remove, there are 2 nuts in deep holes on the front so you'll need a deep 10mm socket to remove them

ClioSport 172 Cup
Engage incredible hulk like strength and remove the oil filter with your bare hands. You can buy oil filter removal tools from Halfords which make life easier. The sump plug is probably square end 1/4 drive, use the end of a standard 1/4 drive ratchet.

it's not, unfortunately - it is 8mm

you can do it by hand and without removing the fuel rail guard, but it's just much easier to take it off - could use a box spanner if you've not a suitable socket

172Cup
Ahhh !!!

i tried to remove the fuel rail thingy... I saw two bolts on the top and removed them... the fuel rail was still solid, I didn't realise it still had two forward facing bolts to undo, LOL

I've just paid a tenner to join the club so i could look at the guide to see if there was one for oil change, there is! but no pictures with it :-(

I'll get an 8mm square end drive from halfrauds then

thanks for the help!

172Cup
Engage incredible hulk like strength and remove the oil filter with your bare hands. You can buy oil filter removal tools from Halfords which make life easier. The sump plug is probably square end 1/4 drive, use the end of a standard 1/4 drive ratchet.

I tried to eat some spinach and remove it by hand, all i did was skin my knuckles :clown: