ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help im new what is this worth

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
right been offered a clio 1.8 16v for a straight swap for my mx bike my bike is valued at 2000 approximatly

what u guys think?
16v116.jpg

16v115.jpg

16v112.jpg

16v109.jpg

16v108.jpg

16v106.jpg

16v104.jpg

92 ]not sure on milage the car is 300miles away so its not something i can just go look at and turn down if u know what i mean , those pics where taken today, im really in 2 minds

Monaco 172 2/468
teeach said:
92 ]not sure on milage the car is 300miles away so its not something i can just go look at and turn down if u know what i mean , those pics where taken today, im really in 2 minds

Mileage is always useful, do you know what mods it has had also....... £2000 doesn't seem cheap for a 92 car, is there something special about it ?

1996 Valver
As others say, you need to know more about the car, find out if it is the original engine, gear-box, if the clutch has been replaced and the cam-belt...................just have a chat to the bloke and see how clued up he is on the car, if he knows sod all I would stay clear, as valvers always need some type of attention in some way.

I would say £900 is it is a shi*er.......£1200-1400 average and £1800 for a cracker.
For £2k I would expect a low milage car with A LOT of history.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
is there 700 quid in used notes in the boot??!!

If not, then i'd def not swap a bike worth 2k for that!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I'm definitely no expert on these Clios but, (someone correct me if they think I'm wrong) firstly, the drivers door looks like its a slight different colour from the rest of the car, (could just be the angle it was taken from) secondly, (again correct me here) Is the space where it's parked badly slanted? Reason for asking is, looking at the pic of the back end, it appears to be leaning quite badly on the right.

I do agree however, (being as these guys know what they are talking about) unless she is in top notch condition and has plenty of history, I would not have thought she is worth 2k.

Like I said, I'm no expert, just my opinion.

Good luck with whatever you decide.:)

On the lookout
Mine was 1750 3 weeks ago, Full service history up to 10k ago. Engine rebuild at 61k. bodywork pretty mint... (A few dents) had 72k on the clock from a trader too... I would say, even if the bodywork is superb, 1200-1350 tops. 100k is about average mileage for these, and that's an average price...

ok its got 85k all mots full service history one tiny bubble of rust under pain on rear arch

2k will get you a decent late valver - with about 80k on the clock, with a stack of bills.... it will prob take a bit of looking but it is possible.

tbh I wouldn't swap a bike valued at 2k for that one.

Beetle
I wouldn't swap that for a 2k bike tbh, engine bay doesn't look very tidy, missing covers, no heatshield etc.
Up to £1500 is more like it for a '92 imo.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
The fact that it has all mot's and full service history is a pretty good sign.
Do you know someone you can trust that lives closer to it that would go and take a look at it for you? In my opinion you can not really make an informed decision unless either yourself or someone 'in the know' can check it out personally.

Good Luck!

i would have thought around £1400 - i paid 600 for mine,93 L reg, fsh, all mots 115k on the clock, no rust in the body work, needed a few things doing to it like cam belt and steering coloum was fooked.

mm i dont know anyone in that area just asked him about recent wrok etc..
yeh just, its had new cambelt, clutch, water pump, and engine and gear oil changed about 500 miles ago