ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help installing a Pioneer DEH-P75BT with ipod adaptor

sw1

Clio 172
Hi all

Was wonderingh if someone could help me with an install I'm doing, I have purchased the coorect ISO connectors for the car and remote/display control lead as recommended by many on the forums however I'm having problems with powering the head unit off.

My car is a Clio 172 03 plate(import), I have connected up all the leads as required however the head unit doesn't power off when I turn off the ignition or take the key out.

I can turn the head unit of manually but surely that's not how it's supposed to work.

Any advice would be great, this is the first ever time I'm tried to change a head unit, all music comes through the speaskers as expected.

sw1

Clio 172
have you got it in the car, have you been using it without any issues and powering it off manually?

blackgold megane 225 5dr
you could always find the power cable in the iso block and join it to a ignition live cable on the car. (tap into the power for the display) have you defo got the blocks the right way.

sw1

Clio 172
Yep the blocks are done in such a way that only certain connectors will go into certain blocks.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
lol tad bit worried now. got mine coming in 2 weeks. that cant seriously be what its designed to do?

sw1

Clio 172
Well I can turn it off from the head unit okay, It just doesn't automatically turn off when I turn the ignition off as expected.

I have all the ISO to renault converters that were required. it's a mystery to me.

Anyone with any ideas???

white clio 1.82
can a 182 engine fit in a v reg 1.2 clio?

hey has any 1 done an engine conversion on a 1.2 v reg clio? ive got hold of a 2.0l 182 engine and its ready 2 go in..........

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
There is a red and a yellow wire on the ISO adapter - switch these around (They should be swappable) and this should solve your problem.

sw1

Clio 172
I took it to a fantastic car audio place called Berkshire car sounds and they sorted it out all.

A couple of wires had been cut, in the process it blew several fuses. They done a very good job of fitting and the head unit turns of correctly, apparently it's to do with swapping the red and yellow as Nezza said.

NB, here are the leads I ordered, ordered from caraudiodirect as recommended by members on here.
QuantityTitlePriceSubTotal1***2005 29 SERIES PIONEER***£4.99£4.991***2005 29 SERIES RENAULT***£31.99£31.991ISO MULTI CONFIG WIRING LOOM£9.99£9.99