ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help ive just broke my 182!

Renault Sport 182
Hi all, im a fecking idiot, engine managment light come back on before so like bright spark i turned the ignition on and off 30 times thinking it might go out. Got to sbout 25 and thought i work try and start it but she just turned over and refused to start. Ive tryed locking the car and unlocking it incase it was the imobliser but no joy.

Please help.. Have i killed it?

Check they battery might be dead.

Try it in the morning it might have built some power back up to start.

Renault Sport 182
No didnt start it starter, ive just been back out and it started after turning over a few times seems ok now but gonna get another diag just incase.

Fiesta ST-3
Why on earth did you think turning it on and off 30 times would make it go out?

Hope you get it sorted though mate!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Because the ECM will cancel the MIL after 30 fault free consecutive starts. Some people see this as a cheap way to turn the light off without having to get the car plugged in but it often does more harm than good to the starting circuit and what they don't know is what caused the light to come on in the first place or if its still Active or just an Historic event.

Hopefully he's just flattened the battery and not the UCH

Mick

Fiesta ST-3
Because the ECM will cancel the MIL after 30 fault free consecutive starts. Some people see this as a cheap way to turn the light off without having to get the car plugged in but it often does more harm than good to the starting circuit and what they don't know is what caused the light to come on in the first place or if its still Active or just an Historic event.

Mick

I never knew that! Don't think I'd be trying it though.

Renault Sport 182

Mick

Yes im a fool and wont be trying that again, battery was fine, immobiliser light was flashing could it of been that, Its been fine since though. Going to get it read again tonight, im pretty sure its the rear Lamdba as that was showing last time and i didnt change it but because the light went out before i had the chance, so i didnt bother.

Mick does the Engine managment light show for emmisions? Its just past its MOT and the tester said emmsions were okay after it got hot, could my CAT bat a fault. If i get no feed back from the Diags should i be looking at the CAT?

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Start by getting it checked for faults mate and make a note of any codes begining with DF and we can go from there.

The flashing light and refusal to start was possibly caused by a low battery voltage though.

Mick

Renault Sport 182
Have you tried using your spare key?

Ha ive not got the spare key, the dealer said it was around somewhere but couldnt find it when i picked the car up as his son had put it somewhere, ive been scared to go back because the car i traded in had a major slipping clutch and i didnt tell them. I was going to get a mate to drive my car back there and say he'd bought it and had been told te spare key was at the dealer and could he have it if they havent chucked it away which i hope they havent :cry: