ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP - manifold has broken!!

N Reg modded Clio RT
ok the manifold has gone (apparently), and you get a lovely smell of exhaust when the engine is running.

any ideas how much its gonna cost for it to be fixed (apparently it has come away completely and the exhaust is just coming straight out the engine!) thank god we dont smoke

any ideas are very welcome!!!

as in the actual manifold has come away from the actual engine? that sounds hard to believe - those things are bolted on VERY tight! If it has come away then you engine probably wouldnt be runnning at all!!!

To change the manifold involves getting under the car, removing the exhaust pipes, then taking the head off the car and removing it from there - not an easy job im afraid mate - garage will rape you on cost i think!

1996 Valver
fastwunz said:
as in the actual manifold has come away from the actual engine? that sounds hard to believe - those things are bolted on VERY tight! If it has come away then you engine probably wouldnt be runnning at all!!!

To change the manifold involves getting under the car, removing the exhaust pipes, then taking the head off the car and removing it from there - not an easy job im afraid mate - garage will rape you on cost i think!

Head dosn't need to come off, Just unbolt in place.

Pat_986 said:
Head dosn't need to come off, Just unbolt in place.

Ah yes my friend - but the clios worst enemy - SPACE! if you can just bolt off teh exhaust manifold from underneath and let it drop i would be pretty impressed! I stand corrected if so

N Reg modded Clio RT
fastwunz said:

If you think about my car is 10 years old and ahs gone through salt and bad weather for this many years its goin to b rusted which means how ever tight the manifold bolts are they wont stay secure, this is teh only reason that the manifold will brake unless you have a hole, but yeah your engine does still run the only this that does is extract the fumes from inside your car to the back which explains why i get gased when i drive her.