ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

>> HELP ME AND MY CLIO <<

MK3 1.2
Hello, as you can see I am new here so please bare with me.

I have a 2007 1.2 Clio Freeway in Red (I know its poor but im 19 and Insurance kills me)

I have already fitted 15" Dezent alloys and 32mm Apex Lowering Springs but i dont know what else i can do to my car to make it look or perform better which is why im asking for your help on what upgrades/modifications i can do.

Things i DONT want to do:
- Tint Windows
- Engine Conversions

:D :D :D :D

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nothing. Even if you could double the power:weight you'd still be far better off financially just buying a quicker car.

You're "poor" ? Stick any money you'd spend into savings/jar under your bed. Why waste cash you don't have.

15" on a mk3 (I assume from 2007?!) ... 16s look dinky on a mk3 !

MK3 1.2
Nothing. Even if you could double the power:weight you'd still be far better off financially just buying a quicker car.

You're "poor" ? Stick any money you'd spend into savings/jar under your bed. Why waste cash you don't have.

15" on a mk3 (I assume from 2007?!) ... 16s look dinky on a mk3 !
Im not poor, im saying my car is poor compared to the Clios ive seen on here. And I was thinking about getting some 17" alloys on it but im in two minds.

Anymore advice will be brilliant

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, sorry, totally mis-read that.

Either way you'll be throwing money away.. Just save for a faster car in a year or three instead :approve:

MK3 1.2
Here are a few pics of my Clio

a1tqnm.jpg
[/IMG]

mpytg.jpg
[/IMG]
2d6wars.jpg
[/IMG]

MK3 1.2
Yeah, sorry, totally mis-read that.

Either way you'll be throwing money away.. Just save for a faster car in a year or three instead :approve:

What car would you recommend as im stuck on whether to go VW Golf, Seat Leon, Clio RS200 or Civic type r?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Err... Depends on budget / insurance / needs / engine / spec etc etc etc. Can't recommend any of those as I've never owned any of them... VW Golf - 1.4 match or 3.2 .:R for example ?

But assuming an Impreza is out of the question, of all that lot I'd probably go slightly left-field and go new-shape Civic Type S 2.2D !

Anyway - worry about that in a couple of years. :coffee: Get some 17s if you can for the Clio. 15s look hilarious :eek:

MK3 1.2
Smart wee car, 17s, possibly lower it a bit more, wind deflectors..

Cheers, and I do actually have Wind Deflectors on. Team Heko but i forgot to mention and Yeah i am going to get them 17s

thanks alot :)

Listerine & Poledo
Take your money.

And put it somewhere that you cant get to it.

Then, when insurance wont totally rape you, get your money back and invest it in a different car.

Trying to make your clio anything other than what it is is only going to end in embarrassment of one degree or another.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I wouldn't touch that. Looks like a smart car to be honest. Sell it like that when you've got funds together to buy something with a bit more pace.