ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP ME GUYS - this is a tough one

ok, heres the situation, in 16 days :) ill be off my ban, but am also going to be needing a new insurer, im 18 and the car is a 1.6 16v, i have no claims, and im guessing now ill have a conviction to my name from the ban, but no points, pluuuuussssss £5k of mods, none egine except for the exhaust, rest is styling, wheels etc, this is the problem......

HOW MY GONNA GET INSURED????? :(((

any ideas anyone?

i spoke to a friend whos 21 with 1 yea5r no claims, and her 1.2 sport was 3.5k fully comp. and i dont think my dad is gonna let me go on his either, so itll be my own, any help is very much appreciated, cheers guys

nah no worries, erm 56 day ban for speeding, but i dnt generally speed, it was a cop with full beam out in the country, and startled me so i sped up and went thru a 200 yard 30mph doing approximtly 60, didnt even have an exact speed :(

E36 323i coupe

Theyre tw*ts when they do that. Unlucky mate. Its entrapment, but too late, huh. Try Elephant, Admiral, and try Renault Insurance too. A friend of mine is 21 (she has the advantage of being a girl) but her Clio 1.4Dynamique is costing her £300 full comp, and it has neons and 17s and all kinds of ICEy stuff

Golf 1.4 TSI

tesco were really good for me could give them a try, not sure what they are like on mods though. adrian flux may be able to help there. especially if you have no points. conviction will stay on licence for four years

i was also looking at performance direct, anyone had any contact with them? yea this has the works, kit, neons, ice, wheels, everything, cept interior which will b next :) but yea they got up my arse and couldnt see, thought fuk this heh, and got knicked, then 4 months later it comes thru, i thoguht i was safe :(

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Who pays 3.5k for insurance? £300/month? More pride than sense, Id have drievn round in a sh*tbox for a few years, so what.

Elephant are good when you add a second driver it comes down a bit.

Well mate if it makes you feel any better.......

Im 20 on a 03 172 for 2k. But that might have something 2 do with a few bad crashs and nearly taking out an Omega police car at double the speed limit :eek:

And i no "ITS NOT BIG AND ITS NOT CLEVER" so you lot dont even go there!!

Try Tescos there on of the best along with Adrian Flux.

I got a "rough" quote with tescos for my williams 3 for the following:

21 years old, 1 claim, 1 conviction (DD40)

And it still came out at £1500 TPF&T or £2k fully comp, i dont think thats at all bad for a benchmark to start haggling with.. :D

forget about the direct insurers, i work in insurance and i know we would knock you back if you called up direct, i would suggest go through a good insurance broker who can introduce you to the insurance company and haggle a deal for you.

ok cheers for ur help guys, hey smpokey, yea sum1 anonymously turned him in at a hockley rotty place :s so it was great to get him home but still none the wiser as to who took him

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Rousey, try privalige. I had a ban and they were the cheapest for me and they still seem to match all the other quotes I get now.

ok cool, cheers chad, im a bit confused bout this ban tho, cos they said after the 56 days, they send my license bk day b4 and i can drive straight away, but on the sheet they give ya, it says if u get 56 days or more u have to do test again :S but i made sure when i asked em that ya dont?

cool mate glad you got it back safe and sound!!

Am thinking bout getting a Rottie when we get our house!

Try Performance Direct mate were very good with me! Even knocked there 10% commission off my quote just so they could beat My other quotes!

yea u should, they are to me, the greatest dogs, they are made out to be monsters but if there brought up properly they are fine, great with kids everything, think it the same with any dog really, but our one is like an old style one, which is the big one not this new breed of the smaller ones, but i would recommend!

Yeah i am living with the girlfriend at her parents house while we are waiting for a house to come up on the market that we like, she was gonna buy me one for my birthday but her mum thinks they are savage animals!! The papers are what make them out to be vicious!! Girlfriend said she will get me one if i take it to puppy training every week!! Fair compromise i spose! How can you tell a old style one cause i dont want a little one! We are looking for a KC Registered with all injections from a reputable breeder so talking a lot of cash!

Is yours a dog or a b**ch? if its a dog have ya had his nuts chopped off:cry:

Sorry to hijack your thread lol!

Back on topic