ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me identify the problem with my lemon of a DCI

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Long story short, i've bought this Cat D 113k DCI 80 off of ebay (went to see it first) on the cheap to try and fix up.
I was told it needs a new water pump as it eats coolant and sure enough during the 34 mile trip home it went from maximum to minimum on the expansion tank.
My concern is that since then i've had it running and can't see any water leaking from the water pump area. Other worrying signs are that yesterday the coolant boiled right up to the brim and the car doesn't start first time every time (always on the second attempt).
From what i've read online it could be head gasket failure but not sure. There's no oil in the coolant or gunk on top of the oil cap.

There's pressure in the coolant tank when you unscrew it. Here's a vid. The steam is just old coolant evaporating so not much to worry about.

Anyone got any ideas on what I can do myself at this point to try and find a possible source of the problem?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
For a cheap daily shed fix, get down to halfords and get some of this stuff, no point chucking money into it for a head gasket doing
$_12-2.JPG