ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me! lol

Dynamique Flamer
Whilst driving today my SERV light and airbag light has come on! Does anyone now what this means? I dont think its actually due a service? Could it be nothing? Do i need to take it to a garage? Is it ok to drive? Thanks

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
mgith be the connectors under the seats,

try moving them about a bit and see if it goes off

Dynamique Flamer
Ok only it wouldn't go off this morning but then this afternoon it wasn't on then came back on :S

Dynamique Flamer
Ok cheers i am just panicing as i dont want to take it to reno ;)
And its my first car so i havent had to deal with things like this before :eek:

Static Low
mines comes on and off. very common fault so dont worry about it. Feel underneath ur passenger seat for wires, its just them

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
if you fance a drive come see me and ill plug it in to find out the fault code and try and fix it for you.

B

Bucko

110% sure it's just one of the connections under the seat, my passenger seat causes the lights to go on most times it's moved. I had a similar problem in my mk4 Golf so it's not just a french thing.

I think there's 3 connections under each seat, try pushing them closed, or maybe spray some contact oil in them. It certainly doesn't require a costly trip to Reno

Dynamique Flamer
I fiddled under the seat and the lights have all gone off now so i am hoping everythings ok but i bet my dad will make me go to reno anyway :(

B

Bucko

Dads, you have to love 'um. Explain to him that it's a common fault on the Clio and that it's just a loose connection. Maybe he needs to hear it from an overpriced mechanic though.

Dynamique Flamer
Yeah he does need to hear it from an over priced mechanic not going to happen though unless he wants to pay for it ;)

clio 1.6 16v dynamique
That happened to mine. Apparently the airbag light comes on with the service light when the car needs a service, it could be any one of three warning lights. Nothing to worry about. DONT take it reno tho, they just charged me £533 for a service:mad:

It is defo 100% airbag connector! The connectors under the seat need to be cut off and the wires soldered up! T'is all! Have done mine! Other than that, just live with it!

B

Bucko

It is defo 100% airbag connector! The connectors under the seat need to be cut off and the wires soldered up! T'is all! Have done mine! Other than that, just live with it!

That sounds like a great idea and i may do mine tomorrow...unless anyone tells me it's a bad idea?

I worked for Renault mate, they did mine in the lunch break! Its their fix for it!! I did my friends after they did mine! sorts it 100%!

Dynamique Flamer
Nah i got told by a machanic to do that to! Need to find someone local who would do it for a few beers or something!

B

Bucko

That's something to get me off the sofa and away from the xbox tomorrow then, unless my Eibach Sportlines arrive in which case i'll be putting them on