ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP me please! Rsport ecu,car wont start

2005 Impreza WRX STI

as above!i fitted it just now, all electrics work etc, it turns over but wont start?ive jussed pressed the keyfob loads of times but it still wont strat! i need my car tonight!Please pleas ecan someone help?or is ecu foooked?

Thanks

Paul

VW ....

It wont be f**ked .... chances are very slim .... there is a sequence u have to go thru i believe with the keyfob once installed .... i didnt fit mines myself so not sure of this sequence .... hopefully someone will be able to advise you on this quickly .

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

The ECU i got from BB Tuning was just swapped over and it fired up straight away :D

2005 Impreza WRX STI

is it worth disconnecting the batt,then re connect and use origional keyfob straight away, rather than clifford?i used the clifford one when i connected the battery up first. will this make a diff?

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Can you not put the original ECU back in?
I did hear that it could immobolise the car

Titanium 182

why would he want to put the original ecu back in when hes just bought this r sport one!

2005 Impreza WRX STI

im going bk to work in a bit m8. ill try the old ecu see if it starts. if it does then its the rsport.

if it does start and i put the rsport bk in, ill try origional keyfob and see if that works?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i have tried what ppl have told me and it appears my rsport aint going to work!the origional still starts the car tho!

what shall i say to rsport?is it my fault?can i get a refund????

Titanium 182

what a nitemare dude!

shame about that would be nice to see if it made any diffrence!

ring them 2mro?

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 13 July 2005

i am mate. dunno what to say really?will they turn round n say i have fooked it?
Give them a call and explain, hopfeully theres a simple sequence to follow.

If the worst comes to the worst, did you pay using a credit card?

Nissan R35 GT-R

Must just be the imobilisor code.

I sent him a PM saying that the new ECUs have a blank code in them and the first time they are started the code from the key is written to the ECU. From this point they are paired.

You have to make sure you had secure the battery terminals!!! Not just touching!!! I had the same problem but after it is well connected. Start fine.

My garage friend told me that the connection of battery termainal is very very important when starting the car. It require a lot of volt I think.